Chapter 182

No, he wasn't.

But Winter was five years old now. He could talk, walk, and move properly on his own. Gone were the days that he needed to be taken care of by his mother and his nanny.

It's my turn to take care of Mommy now.

"Young Master, are you done changing your clothes?" Isabelle, his nanny, asked from outside his room. "Should I help you?"

"Isabelle, I'm no longer a child," Winter said with a pout. When he realized that he was pouting like a kid, he gently slapped his lips. "I'm done changing."

He went out of the room because he didn't want Isabelle to get worried.

As soon as he did, he was surprised when he was greeted by a familiar flash of light– making him close his eyes.

There she goes again.

Right now, Isabelle was taking his pictures using the 'Ice Tablet' that he and his mommy developed when he was three years old.

It was a very thin tablet made from his ice and it would only melt once he died. The tablet was embedded with spirit stones that captured photos and videos. The black screen, on the other hand, was made from the dust of black diamond and other gems that were used to preserve memories. His mother liked to call the black screen as the "memory hub."

He opened his eyes to see Isabelle still fawning over him. "That's enough pictures for today, Isabelle," he said.

"Let's take a video next," Isabelle said with sparkling eyes. "Duke Nystrom will need a whole month to look at all the pictures and videos of you that I took for the past five years." As usual, she got emotional. "I can't wait for you and Lady Nystrom to be reunited with His Grace."

Well, he couldn't wait for his family to be reunited as well.

Unfortunately, for the past five years, he couldn't connect to his father's mind no matter how much he tried to do so. Eventually, he gave up. He realized that as long as there was a strong protection around the floating island, he could never create a connection with his daddy.

"I'll make sure that we will reunite with my father soon," he declared bravely. "Anyway, is Mommy not yet home?"

Isabelle shook her head. Even though he already told her to stop, it was obvious that she was still taking a video of him "discreetly." "Lady Nystrom and Miss Luna are still in a meeting. She told us not to wait for them and have lunch together."

"Okay," he said. He was used to how busy his mother was ever since they arrived at the island. And he wasn't mad. He understood that they needed to work hard so that they could return to his father's side soon. "Isabelle, I want to play outside before we have lunch."

She smiled and nodded. "I'll accompany you, Young Master."

"But you need to prepare our lunch, don't you?"

They lived a simple life in Solarium– the floating island.

There wasn't monarchy and nobility there. The ruler of the island was called the Fire Archmage and the six other Keepers served as his advisors. 'Other' because the Fire Archmage was also one of the Keepers, making them seven in total.

Officially, the Fire Archmage and the Keepers were the rulers of Solarium.

But of course, they are servants of my Mommy.

The Sols, people of the Solarium, called his mother the 'Daughter of the Sun' and treated her like a goddess.

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone, Young Master?" Isabelle asked worriedly. "I don't want you to be bulled again."