Chapter 23

TILLY woke up alone in the bed.

But she wasn't really surprised. Back in her previous life, she always woke up alone. That was because Kiho would always wake up early for his morning training.

[He's probably swinging his sword or something.]

She got up and washed her face first. Then, she put her robe on while walking towards the huge window.

In her second life as Matilda Yap in the modern world, she would start her morning with a coffee. Then, she would either run around the exclusive village where she lived or go to the gym to exercise. After that, she would go to the office for work.

[This world has coffee but in our empire, tea remains the number one drink.]

Also, she couldn't just run or exercise even in her father's estate. As a duke's daughter, she was a noble lady who had to uphold her dignity. The only exercise she was allowed to do was walking. That was why she would take a long walk in their garden after every meal.

[But I miss running and exercising.]

She tried to do yoga once but when Isabelle and the other maids saw the "weird" positions she did, they made a fuss. According to them, those moves were very "unladylike."

[I envy you, Kiho.]

Tilly put her elbows on the windowsill while holding her face with her hands.

From her standpoint, she could clearly see Kiho in the courtyard. Like she expected, he was practicing his sword swinging. Just like what she remembered in the past, his movements were small and precise. No unnecessary moves at all.

[Look at his posture…]

Ah, she could also see Damian, Whitton, and Blake running around the courtyard but she could barely pay attention to the three.

How could she see other men when Kiho was so gorgeous it was almost blinding?

[Yeah, I wanted to punch my past life for ignoring a man like Kiho.]

The captain wasn't a 'snack,' he was the whole f*cking course meal.

[Kiho is so sexy.]

The captain seemed to notice her ~lustful~ gaze because he stopped swinging his sword to turn to her direction.

Tilly smiled and waved at Kiho.

Kiho put his sword back in the holster.

Then, he suddenly disappeared.

[Wait, what?]

A few blinks later, Kiho suddenly appeared before her. He was squatting on the windowsill while holding onto the frame. And his face was only a breath away from hers.

[So handsome.]

"Good morning, baby," Kiho greeted her in his low, husky voice. "Did you sleep well?"

Tilly couldn't help but hold his face in her hands. "Crazy. How can someone be this good-looking? You're prettier than me, Kiho."

"That's not true," he said. "You're the most beautiful to me, Tilly."

She smiled and rewarded him with a light kiss on the lips. "It's a good morning, indeed."

The captain swiftly jumped off from the windowsill. Then, he stood in front of her to give her a proper kiss. You know, the deep and long kind that made her moan into his mouth.

"Ah," Kiho said when he broke the kiss. But his arms remained around her shoulders. "Is it okay with you if we leave after breakfast?"

She nodded, her arms still wrapped around his waist, too. "Yes. You need to report to His Majesty as soon as we return to the Royal Capital, right?"