Chapter 32

TILLY was dressed to kill.

Well, she wouldn't kill people literally but she would make sure that the nasty rumors about her with end today.

In her past life, she had witnessed high-ranking noblewomen bullying the low-ranking ladies by spreading false rumors. As a duke's daughter, she never experienced that. Well, at least not until her crimes were exposed and she was shunned by the high society.

[I will not let them bully me.]

So for today's tea party, she wore a black draped off-shoulder backless A-line midi dress and paired it with stiletto sandals that were starting to become popular these days.

Anyway, her dress was from the collection that Kiho got her from Pillas Islands. Since Pillas was a tropical country, she wasn't surprised to know that the women there wore clothes that exposed "too much" skin by Moonchester Empire's standards. Thankfully, the weather in the Royal Capital right now was warm enough to be used as an excuse to wear a "revealing" dress.

[Again, my outfit is only revealing because the current trend in the empire is still the heavy and conservative types of dresses.]

Princess Nia had only started to wear light dresses recently so it would take a while before the other ladies copied her style. There had to be a demand first before the tailors in the empire start to make light dresses.

[Hmm… should I import clothes from Pillas Islands and sell them in my store along with the jewelries I'm currently designing?]

Wait, this wasn't the right time to think about business.

Tilly looked at herself in the mirror once again.

For her makeup, she asked Leni and Lani– the twin maids with light chocolate brown hair and eyes– to make her lips as red as possible. The current trend here was equivalent to the "no makeup makeup look" that was quite popular in the modern world, particularly in the Asian countries. In the empire, ladies put makeup as light as possible to make them appear "innocent."

To hell with that. She wanted to express her anger in bold red lips. Thankfully, her "mature charm" matched it.

As for her hair, she told Leni and Lani to tie it in an elegant braided bun. Then, she wore the layered necklaces that she showed Kiho that morning. She also put on a pair of pearl earrings and a bracelet with a dainty thin chain. She didn't wear a ring because she was waiting for the one that Kiho would give her.

[Yes, I'm assuming that he'd give me an engagement ring one of these days.]

"How do I look?" Tilly asked the twin maids. She stood up and twirled around in front of them. "Do I look beautiful?"

"You're very beautiful, Lady Prescott," Leni and Lani said in unison.

The twins were a year older than her and had different personalities. Leni was prim and proper while Lani was kind of tomboyish and energetic. But both girls were nice to her and Kiho. Even in her past life, the two served her with respect despite her terrible attitude.

"Thank you," she said to the twins. "You did a good job."

And that was true.

Leni and Lani gave her one of the best baths she had in her life. Plus, they meticulously chose a perfume that complimented the rose scent that she got from her bath a while ago.

"Thank you, my lady," Leni and Lani said at the same time, again.

Tilly giggled at the twins' amusing rapport. She wanted to talk to them some more but the communication device on her table rang. "You may leave. I'll call you when I need you."