Chapter 129

Forrester chose the room in the end of the hallway in the same floor as the Nystroms. After settling in, he covered the chamber with a spell that would temporarily "erase" it from the mansion. Meaning, other people aside from the Supreme and the Black Serpent would "forget" the existence of that room. That way, he wouldn't be worried about getting caught.

People would only remember the room in the hallway once he left.

"Your Holiness."

Forrester turned around to find Sentinel, the spirit guardian, standing in front of him with a scowl. "Are you picking up a fight with me?"

"Of course not, Your Holiness," Sentinel said. "But I'm here to demand an explanation as to why you want to unseal Duke Nystrom's power. You know that his ability to control water is tied to his past memories. If he learns to control water again, he'll remember his past life as the Black Serpent."

"I know that," he said casually. "I just don't care."

The spirit guardian had the audacity to hiss at him.

He waved his hand and that simple gesture was enough to send Sentinel flying until his back hit the wall. Before the spirit guardian could even make another move, he closed his fist and summoned his Holy Vines until Sentinel couldn't move anymore.

"Relax, Sentinel. I know what I'm doing," he said to the spirit guardian. "I'm completely aware that we're all going to get screwed up if the Black Serpent awakens before the Supreme finds the Red Phoenix."

"If you know that, then why do you still want to unseal the Black Serpent's power?" Sentinel asked in an annoyed voice.

"I will not completely unseal the Black Serpent's power," he said, then he sat on the edge of the huge bed while facing the spirit guardian. "I'll just crack it enough for him to be able to use his water attribute."

"The duke doesn't need his water attribute," the spirit guardian insisted. "He's doing fine even with just his ice attribute."

"Have you forgotten that the Nystroms waged war on the Moonchesters?" he asked while shaking his head. "Do you think they'd survive against the threat of the crazy royal twins?"

Of course, the spirit guardian didn't have a retort.

"The little Supreme only managed to burn the crazy princess because of her raging wrath," he explained. "But in a normal fight, the little Supreme doesn't stand a chance against the crazy princess– the same way that the Black Serpent is no match against the crazy emperor. Not in the Black Serpent's current state, at least."

He laughed softly at that. "The Fire Mages haven't forgiven the Black Serpent yet?"

"If the Black Serpent retrieves his memories, we're not certain if he's going to stay with Lady Nystrom or return to the Moonchesters' side," the spirit guardian said bitterly. "That's why the Supreme has to find the Red Phoenix first before the Black Serpent completely awakens. So even if the Black Serpent retrieves his memories, Lord Wixx would be there to protect Lady Nystrom and kill the duke."

"Well, that makes sense," he agreed. "After all, I'm pretty sure that whether it's in the past or the present, the Supreme still wouldn't be able to kill the man that owned her heart– literally and figuratively."

The spirit guardian glared at him. Obviously, Sentinel wasn't pleased by the fact that he reminded him of what the Black Serpent did to the Supreme in the past.

"Whatever you say, you can't stop me from teaching the Black Serpent to use his water attribute," he said firmly. "I need the Supreme and the Black Serpent to be stronger for them to find my Holy Scepter as soon as possible."