Chapter 163

"LADY Soleil, are you waiting for Lord Nystrom?"

Soleil didn't have to turn around to know that it was Saint Alec who joined her while she was star gazing on the roof. First, she knew the saint's voice and presence very well. Second, he was the only one in the temple who would call her "Lady Soleil" instead of "Lady Rosenberg."

Humans called people higher in rank with their title and last name.

But for people like them, they would just usually call their acquaintances with their title (either a 'lady' or a 'lord') and their first name. That signified their "closeness" as "people on the same level" even if they weren't close on a personal level.

"I'm not," Soleil denied even though she knew that the saint knew she was lying. Right now, she was sitting on the tiled roof while wrapped in thick blanket. She wasn't really cold but her brother Winchell forced her to take the blanket so she wouldn't get sick. "I'm just watching the moon. It looks extra pretty tonight."

But it only looked pretty in her eyes because it was the night that she met Nystrom in that same roof five years ago.

That was also the first and last time that she saw Nystrom in Lumira Temple.

"You were never fond of the moon," Saint Alec said with a light laugh, then he sat down next to her. "You're the Daughter of the Sun, Lady Soleil."

She turned to the saint.

As far as she knew, he was already a century old. But he still looked like a man in his thirties. Saint Alec had pretty light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Okay, he looked normal. But his divine aura made him appear very gentle and nice.

I'm sorry, Your Holiness. I was surrounded by children with very conventional beauty so my standards are quite high.

By "children," she meant Winchell, Elis, and Ainsworth.

And yes, she wouldn't deny that one of her negative traits was she could be too fixated on people's physical appearance. She was trying her best to teach herself that everyone was beautiful and had different unique charms.

Now that she was already a lady, she didn't have an excuse to be shallow anymore.

Anyway…

"What does being the "Daughter of the Sun" mean, Your Holiness?" she asked curiously. "My father isn't the sun."

The saint just laughed it off. "You'll understand your origin once you reach the heavens, Lady Soleil."

"Then, I will never find it out."

He let out a deep sigh. "Lady Soleil, are you really sure that you want to be reincarnated instead of becoming a god?"

When the "favored children" entered the Lumira Temple, they already gave up their physical body. It was because no living person could enter the temple except for the saint and the High Priest. After all, Lumira Temple was in the middle of mortal world and the afterlife.

All of that was a part of their preparation before ascending to the heavens.

And yes, I am giving it up.

"My childhood memories include being hunted down by humans who are afraid of our clan's fire attribute," she said with a sad smile. "Hiding became particularly harder for our parents because my brother and I were born with "divine powers.""

The members of their clan could only produce small fire enough to light up a fireplace and not to use it to fight.

But she and Winchell were different. They could create big flames that could burn anything to ashes. Her brother even manifested into a red phoenix at one point. As in Winchell grew red flaming wings and flew around their land.