Chapter 170

Tilly smiled proudly. "I know, right?" she agreed with Isabelle. "My son is blessed with oozing charm."

"He's cute but…" Flint trailed-off while looking at Winter with wide eyes. Then, he turned to her with a horrified look on his face. "Baby Winter looks so much like your husband, Big Sister."

She laughed at Flint's comment. "And that's supposed to be a good thing, Flint."

Right now, they were in the playroom.

Winter and Julian were in the crib while Isabelle and Flint were gushing about her son. On the other hand, she was having tea in the tea table place beside the window.

I'm so glad Isabelle and Flint arrived safely.

"My lady, can I carry the young lord?" Isabelle asked with huge, sparkling eyes. "I promise to be really careful."

"Of course," she said with a smile. "I trust you, Isabelle."

The young maid smiled and bowed to her. Then, she carefully and gently put Winter in her arms. Thankfully, Winter didn't cry. "My lord, my name is Isabelle," she said gently. "I swear to protect you my life."

As a response, Winter smiled and touched Isabelle's face.

She was relieved to know that her son felt safe and comfortable with Isabelle.

It's a good idea that I brought Isabelle here.

Before she did, she talked to Louisa, Leni, and Lani first. The three were the closest maids to her and she didn't want them to think that she didn't trust them enough. She explained that she already promised Isabelle the position of being Winter's nanny. Thankfully, they understood.

And it wasn't like the mansion's maids wouldn't be allowed to touch Winter anymore.

"Big Sister?"

Her thoughts were cut-off when Flint joined her table. Aside from tea, there were also snacks on the table that would suit a child's taste.

"How are you, Flint?" she asked while pouring tea in the child's cup. "I'm sorry if we weren't able to visit you in the tower when you woke up."

"It's okay, Big Sister. I understand that you were pregnant then and it would have been dangerous for you if you went out carelessly," Flint said with a smile, then he turned serious. "Big Sister, thank you for adopting me and Julian to keep us safe. I know that it's not easy to share your name with commoners like us. But you still did and I'm grateful. I never dreamt of a luxurious life. I just want my brother to be safe and comfortable."

She smiled at how selfless Flint was. "Spoken like a true older brother…"

""Brother?""

She trailed-off when she realized an important matter from her memories as the Supreme that she recently retrieved.

The Red Phoenix is my older brother?!

Gosh, she called him "fossil!"

"Big Sister?"

Flint gave her a big smile. "Thank you, Big Sister."

"Make sure to thank Kiho, too," she gently told him. "After all, he's the one who accepted you and Julian as his brothers."

The child blushed.

She laughed at his reaction.

Their moment was disrupted when they heard a knock on the door. Then, much to her surprise, Kiho entered the room.

"Hon. Welcome home," she said, then she stood up to walk towards her husband. "Why didn't Dave inform me that you've arrived?"

Usually, when Kiho entered their estate, David would be informed by the knights guarding the main gate. Then, the head butler would inform her of her husband's arrival. That was a practice that every noble household in the empire followed. After all, it was customary for a wife to welcome her husband along with the servants.