Chapter 165

ELIS realized that he hasn't regained his full-strength when he fell down on the ground after a surprise attack.

Thankfully, he was able to land on his feet. As soon as he did, he created a whip of wind that wrapped itself around his assailants' legs. Then, he made a pulled the whip hard until the "guest" fell on the ground face first.

While he was distracted, the Black Serpent used that chance to attack. This time, Nystrom was holding a sword.

Not his stupid ice staff-spear?

Times had really changed, huh?

He tried to increase his Mana but he suddenly felt a painful throb against his chest. It was a clear indication that his body hasn't properly recovered yet. Leaving his shrine after he just woke up was indeed a huge risk.

But it was worth it because he met Lady Rosenberg again after such a long time.

It was a sad reunion but he didn't care.

Thanks to his distraction, Nystrom was able to land a decent hit on him. He actually managed to stab his chest with the blade of his sword. But unfortunately for the Black Serpent, he couldn't pierce it through his heart.

In fact, the blade of his sword broke into two– leaving Nystrom in shock.

 Elis's body was already covered by blue scales by then. Of course, his dragon scales were harder than steel. There was no way an ordinary sword could pierce through his "skin." "Why are you shocked that you can't win against me– the Blue Dragon– the strongest Beast God?" he asked Nystrom while his body was starting to fade. "Have you realized the gap between our abilities now, Nystrom?"

"For an extra large snake, you're too arrogant," Nystrom deadpanned. "The next time we meet, I will break your stupid scales like how I crack the shells of King Crabs before I devour them, Blue Dragon."

***

"FOR SOMEONE who lost to my ancestor, you're too arrogant, Duke Nystrom."

Kiho turned to glare at Captain Sherwood who just stood up while wiping his bloody nose with a handkerchief. "I didn't lose," he insisted. "It was a tie."

"Sure," Captain Sherwood said, obviously not convinced with what he said. The captain even changed the subject right away. "Anyway, I'm glad that I finished my long mission just in time to be of help to you, Your Grace. Now that I'm back, I won't leave your side anymore."

He just gave the captain a blank stare. "Now I know why I feel irritated whenever I see you. You're the extra large snake's descendant."

For some reason, he already developed a bad blood with that stupid Blue Dragon.

He summons an ungodly amount of rage in my chest.

"Don't be mean, Duke Nystrom," the captain complained. "I'm not a direct descendant anyway."

He just rolled his eyes. "Go home."

"Duke Nystrom, the Blue Dragon is awake now," the captain reminded him. "I heard that House Ainsworth has already switched sides to acquire the Golden Tiger."

"Duke Nystrom, House Sherwood is on your side. To serve you properly, I swear on my life that I will protect Lady Nystrom and your newly born son forever," Captain Sherwood said seriously. Then, he got down on one knee, put a hand on his chest, and bowed to him. "Please accept my pledge of loyalty, my lord."

He was in a tight spot.

As a husband and a father, he didn't want Captain Sherwood near Tilly and Winter because he still didn't trust the captain fully.