Chapter 178

Kalel's face turned red. "More…?"

"More," she promised. Then, she cupped his face between her hands. "You can't die yet, Lord Kalel. Our son has already been born in this lifetime."

He looked pleasantly surprised to hear that. "Really?"

"Don't you have your memories as Kiho?"

"My memories are still hazy," he confessed. "My mother forcefully awakened me."

She let out a frustrated sigh. "I should have roasted that old wench…" She bit her lower lip when she realized she was being rude to her mother-in-law. "Sorry."

"It's okay," he said. "I understand."

She didn't want to talk about the White Snake so she changed the topic.

"Our son is already here so we can't die yet," she told him. "So please don't sacrifice your life, Lord Kalel. There has to be a way to kill Aku Moonchester without you dying."

"What if there's none…?"

"Then, I'll make a way to kill him while keeping you alive," she said determinedly. "I won't let them steal you away from me again."

"This is why they call you a fool, Soleil," he said with a heartbroken look on his face. "I don't deserve you."

"Yes, you don't," she said with a sad smile. "That's why you need to spend your lifetime proving to me that I didn't make the wrong choice by choosing you." She pinched his cheeks gently. "And that's my punishment for you, Lord Kalel. So you have to live, okay?"

His red eyes turned gold as he nodded.

To be honest, she liked his gold eyes better. They only became red because he was reborn as a Moonchester. But whenever he would use his power as Kalel, his eyes would turn gold again.

I hope his eyes stay gold forever. 

Her thoughts were cut-off when the sword was suddenly pulled out from their bodies.

It hurt like hell, but they didn't have the time to dwell on the pain.

Fortunately, both she and Kalel had fast regeneration for wounds that weren't that deep. As long as their vital organs weren't hit, they would heal. That was how hard it was to kill them, and so it was for Aku Moonchester.

As soon as the sword impaling them was gone, she and Kalel literally turned their backs on each other.

She kicked Aku Moonchester in the face hard enough to send him flying.

Even without turning around to look, she knew that Kalel was dealing with Elis who attacked him as soon as the sword was pulled out.

"Lord Kalel," she said while summoning her flame. She didn't want to take her eyes off of Aku Moonchester so she didn't turn to her husband even though she wanted to. Instead, she just believed in her heart that they would have all the time in the world to spend together later. "Don't die on me."

"This time," Soleil whispered to herself with a smile. "We really learned a lot of good stuff in this lifetime as Tilly and Kiho."

***

AINSWORTH was shocked when he finally caught up with the Black Serpent Knights.

Shit, what happened?

Most of the knights looked like they just woke up with a terrible headache.

He didn't know what exactly happened but he can guess based on the awful smell in the air. And he could still feel the trace of a strong Mana released around the area.