Chapter 196

Tilly was happy that Solenn came to her house to apologize.

She was also glad that the Keeper who escorted the little princess was Jameson. Out of all the Keepers, Jameson was the most gullible.

Er, I mean, easily convinced.

Anyway…

Right now, they were in the tea room of her house. On the other hand, Winter was in his room while discreetly packing his things. She just hoped that Isabelle wouldn't get her son busted. After all, the young maid had the eyes of a hawk when it comes to Winter's business.

Thank goodness Luna isn't home yet.

"Raise your head, Solenn," Tilly said. When the little princess met her gaze, she smiled at him. "Princess, do you still want to leave Solarium and go to the Royal Capital?"

The little princess looked surprised by her question.

Even Jameson suddenly looked anxious. "Supreme, what kind of question is that?"

She had noticed this a while ago but it really amazed her how Jameson could change the way he spoke when he was talking to her.

He doesn't curse when he's talking to me.

"Jameson Crawford, I have a job for you," she said seriously while looking at the Keeper. "This job will require you to disobey Solaris and the trust of your fellow Keepers. But I assure you that this isn't for naught. I decided to proceed with this because this is the only way to show Solaris and the Keepers that we don't have time to waste deciding whether I'm right or not."

She didn't want to by-pass or disrespect Solaris in any way. But she knew that if she waited for his decision, it would be too late. She had been more than prepared to return to the Royal Capital, so she wanted to strike while the iron was hot.

I believe that you don't wait for the perfect timing– you create it.

"You're free to decline the job that I'll offer," she continued while looking at Jameson straight in the eye. "You're also free to snitch. I won't get mad at you."

Jameson gulped hard before he asked: "May I know the job description, Supreme?"

"I want you to bring Winter and Solenn safely to the Royal Capital," she said firmly that made Solenn and Jameson gasp in surprise. After talking to the Keeper, she turned to the little princess. "But only if you still want to go to the Royal Capital even if it means disobeying your father, Solenn."

"I'll go, Supreme," Solenn said excitedly. "I want to show my father that he can't lock me up here in Solarium forever."

She smiled and nodded. "But that's not the only reason why I want you to go to the Royal Capital, Solenn. The truth is I have a job for you. I tried to convince Solaris before that I need to bring you with me but he refused."

But Solenn wasn't a child anymore. And that was why she wanted the princess to decide for herself.

"I know that you're physically a child, Solenn," she continued. "But your soul isn't. So I thought you can decide for yourself now. That's why I'm asking you now, Princess. Do you want to work with me despite the risks? Even if Solaris ends up hating both of us?"

Solenn suddenly got emotional. For a feisty kid to be that vulnerable in front of her was a little overwhelming. "Supreme, you're the first person in my long life to ask for my permission as an adult," she said in a cracked voice. "My soul is tied in Solarium so no matter how many times I die, I just get reborn as Solenn Rosenberg again and again. "Still, Father and everyone around me continue to treat me like a weak child."