Chapter 92

"KIHO, I'M not angry with you," Tilly assured her husband while they were walking in the dark hallway. Of course, they were walking while holding each other's hand. They actually didn't know where the hallway would lead them. It looked like they were in a basement. But she wasn't afraid because she was with Kiho. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"But why do you look upset?" Kiho asked nervously. "You're pouting, Tilly."

She gently pinched her pouting lips. "I'm not."

"You are."

"Am not."

"You are."

"Am not."

"Okay," he gave in. "But you're jealous, aren't you?"

She stopped walking forcing him to stop as well. Then, she turned to him. "Excuse me? You think I'm being jealous?"

He nodded, his face looked as innocent as a cinnamon roll. Obviously, he was in a good mood. "Yes. This is the first time that you got jealous."

She raised a brow at that. "And you like that?"

"I'm not happy that I'm making you upset right now," he said. "But I like that you're being jealous. It makes me feel like you want me all to yourself.

Her brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

"I know that you love me even if you're not vocal about it, Tilly," Kiho said carefully. "But sometimes, I feel like you're putting a wall between us. Like you're telling me that you can live without me. Sometimes, I even feel like all you need is Winter. That even if I disappear from your life, you wouldn't care that much."

Okay, that made her feel very guilty.

To be honest, her original plan was to just marry Kiho and have Winter. Then, if her husband met Lucina Morganna again in that lifetime, she thought she could give him up as long as she had their son.

Eventually, her plan changed when she met the Kiho in this lifetime and realized that they could get along. And yes, she loved him. But she had her reservation because deep in her heart, she was still afraid of Lucina Morganna and her connection to Kiho in her past life.

So even if she allowed herself to love Kiho, she still held back and didn't give her heart fully to him. Yes, she knew that Kiho loved her but she was still traumatized by what happened to their marriage in her past life. She didn't want to be abandoned again.

No matter how much their relationship had changed in this lifetime, she still found it hard to overcome her trauma. She couldn't get the possibility of Kiho falling for Lucina Morganna again out of her head.

And as a result, she unconsciously put a wall around her heart.

He noticed that, huh?

"I'm sorry, Kiho," she said. Then, she let go of his hand to cup his face between her hands. "I'm just being careful because I'm afraid of getting my heart broken. And most of all, I don't want to be abandoned."

Kiho looked hurt by her confession. "Tilly, don't you trust me? Do you really think that I will abandon you?"

"It's not like that, hon," she said carefully while shaking her head. "I guess every married woman is afraid that their husband would leave them for another woman."

"Am I making you feel like I wouldn't be faithful to you forever?"

"No," she said. "That's why I'm saying sorry now. I let my fear control my feelings for you."