Chapter 134

FORRESTER could tell that his brows were furrowed while watching the Duke and Duchess of Oakes sleep on their huge bed.

When he felt that the presence of Kalel Moonchester and Soleil Rosenberg disappeared, he went up to check on the little Supreme and the little snake. He found them unconscious while being separated by a door.

Then, Sentinel appeared and they both put the couple to bed.

"Shouldn't we leave them alone so that they could rest for the meantime, Your Holiness?" Sentinel asked. "I'm sure the duke and the duchess's Mana were depleted after what happened."

"Yeah, we should do that," Forrester agreed, then he turned to the spirit guardian. "Sentinel, don't you find it strange? We were all made to believe that the Black Serpent and the Supreme would kill each other when they awakened at the same time. That was the reason why no one attempted to wake them up in the past years. But after what happened today, I couldn't help but wonder if the supposed hate that the Black Serpent and the Supreme have for each other is nothing but a myth."

"Oh," Sentinel said as if realization just dawned upon him. "But isn't it just because they weren't fully awakened yet? As far as I know, the Supreme and the Black Serpent took a piece of their soul during the time that they were still happy together. The Kalel Moonchester and Soleil Rosenberg inside their hearts aren't probably aware of how they ended up in the past."

"I also considered that possibility," he said, then he gave the sleeping couple a suspicious look. "But I still think that there's a secret between Lord Kalel and Lady Rosenberg– a secret that only the two of them know."

"What could it be?"

"I have no idea," he said, a little bit frustrated. He prided himself as someone who knew a lot of secrets considering his connection to the heavens. But the mystery surrounding the Supreme and the Black Serpent confused the hell out of him. "But I have a feeling that Lord Kalel and Lady Rosenberg may not hate each other despite everything."

"I don't quite understand, Your Holiness."

"I don't get it either," he said, then he turned to the spirit guardian again. "But Sentinel, Lord Kalel gave me three requests that he wants me to do for him."

He contemplated whether he should share it with the spirit guardian or not.

In the end, he decided to tell Sentinel because he didn't want to work alone. No matter how many times he gets reborn, he'd probably always be a lazy bum. He just hated working if it didn't benefit him, okay?"

"What are those three requests?" Sentinel asked with furrowed brows.

"First, Lord Kalel told me to never awaken him near the Moonchesters."

"Well, that's already the plan," the spirit guardian said. "The Moonchesters will only get more powerful if they somehow control the Black Serpent."

"That's our clan's priority," the spirit guardian said. "Why did you skip the second request, Your Holiness?"

"Because it's ridiculous," he reasoned. "Lord Kalel wants us to kill the White Snake."

Sentinel gasped aloud. "The Black Serpent wants his spirit guardian killed?"

"Can you even die?"

"It would be hard to kill spirit guardians, but not impossible," he said. "But I never expected that the Black Serpent would ask you to kill the White Snake– not him out of all the Beast Gods, at least."

"I just realized that I don't know much about the spirit guardians," Forrester said. "Where did you come from?"

"The spirit guardians weren't born the same way like humans are," the spirit guardian said. "But there was a strange rumor about the White Snake the makes it different from us."