Chapter 29

[THIS is so embarrassing.]

Tilly woke up in a hospital and right now, she was glaring at the white ceiling above.

[Do you know how lame it is to collapse in the middle of making out?!]

But on a serious note, she was confused as to why her body was acting up. It didn't happen in her first life so she didn't know what exactly was wrong with her.

"Tilly?"

[Oh, it's Kiho.]

Tilly got up when she heard his voice. In the blink of an eye, Kiho was already by her side while putting a pillow on her back for her to lean against. "Thank you."

"How are you feeling?" Kiho asked while sitting on the edge of the bed. Worry was written all over his face. "Does your body still feel hot?"

"No," she said truthfully. "I feel okay. Where are we, baby?"

"We're in the Rosemary Hospital," he said. "Thankfully, we're already at Blanca when you fainted."

Ah, so they were still in the town of Blanca.

"Baby, do you need anything?" the captain asked, obviously worried about her. "Water? Food? Anything."

"I'm a little hungry."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Steak," she answered. "I want a huge steak and a good red wine to go with it."

"I like how you know exactly what you want," he said. Then, he gently brushed the strand of her on her cheek, then tucked them behind her ear. "I'm glad that I got out of work early."

Ah, right. She remembered Kiho telling her a while ago that he was able to follow them at Flint's house early because he finished his job quickly.

[I'm pretty sure he worked really hard just to pick me up.]

"I'll call the doctor," the captain said before standing up. "He said he'd like to talk to us about the condition of your Mana. Wait for a second, Tilly."

"Okay," she said.

A few moments later, Doctor McMillan came in with Kiho. She instantly recognized the short and plump gentleman with white hair. His most striking feature was his freckles and the scar on his chin. And surprisingly, he was also known for his gentle face.

The doctor was the viscount of House McMillan and a part of the Royal Faction. No wonder he looked extra friendly to her.

[Oh, right. Viscount McMillan owned the Rosemary Hospital.]

And that hospital catered to commoners, too.

Anyway, Kiho sat beside her when the doctor started to explain her situation.

"Lady Prescott, you fainted due to Mana exhaustion," Doctor McMillan said while standing in front of her with his hands behind his back. "Have you been overusing your magic ability these past few days?"

She gulped and slowly nodded her head. She could feel Kiho's questioning gaze but she tried her best to ignore it. "But I've used it for only, like, twice. So why did my body weaken?"

"Lady Prescott, I was one of the doctors who helped your mother gave birth to you," the viscount explained. "You were born with a body that can't handle too much Mana. It's a fortunate thing that your Mana is naturally weak. But even if you continuously use your magic ability, it will still take a toll on your body. Just like what happened now."

She was surprised to hear that her body couldn't handle her Mana. "Why didn't my father tell me about the condition of my body?"

But come to think of it, her father never failed to remind her not to use her Mana.