Chapter 53

KIHO noticed that Emperor Aku's Mana was increasing in an alarming rate. And as it happened, the Blue Dragon and the Golden Tiger in either of his side were also starting to turn back into their original size. Both Ancient Beasts were said to be as big as a mountain.

If the Blue Dragon and the Golden Tiger succeeded in reverting back to their original state, then the whole Castle Vania would definitely crumble. Ah, scratch that. The castle and the entire Forest of Enryu might disappear from the map!

That meant everyone in the area would die. Yes, including him. Unfortunately, sealing the replica of the Red Phoenix had depleted his Mana. He didn't have enough left to protect himself once Emperor Aku went berserk.

"Your Majesty!" Kiho yelled. He didn't mean to disrespect the emperor by raising his voice. He just needed to shout because he bet that the emperor was too angry to listen to anyone or anything around him. "Please don't do this!"

[I really want to hit His Majesty right now.]

He wasn't good at making other people calm because he himself had a nasty temper. But at this situation, he had to if he wanted to live.

"Your Majesty, I understand that you're angry because of what happened to Her Royal Highness," Kiho said. "But blowing up the entire area won't save her."

It didn't work.

In fact, the emperor's Mana just continued growing faster.

He thought of one way to make the emperor come back to his senses. Actually, he didn't want to use this. But he didn't have a choice. Aside from wanting to save everyone, he also wanted to come back to Tilly alive and in one piece.

Kiho took a deep breath, then yelled the following words at the top of his lungs. "Save me, Brother Aku!"

God, he wanted to die from embarrassment.

And well, if the emperor's advisors or ministers heard him call His Majesty by name, he would have been seized and executed.

But he had permission. When Emperor Aku took him under his wing when he was a little boy, he didn't know that he was a crown prince during that time. He thought he was just another mercenary just like him. And, uh, he used to call him "Brother Aku" then.

[Damn it.]

Anyway, when he found out that Emperor Aku was the empire's crown prince during that time, he immediately stopped calling him "Brother Aku." No matter how much His Majesty teased them then, he never called him that casually again.

One day, Emperor Aku told him that if his life was in danger, he could call him "Brother Aku" again and ask him to save him.

[I can't believe I just did that.]

Thankfully, it seemed to work.

Emperor Aku's Mana started to decrease and the Ancient Beasts stopped growing in size as well. A few moments later, the emperor's Mana finally stabilized. Then, the Blue Dragon and the Golden Tiger vanished in thin air.

"Kiho."

Kiho bowed deeply when the emperor turned to him. "My deepest apologies for calling you by your name, Your Majesty."

"Rise," Emperor Aku said. "You don't have to apologize for doing something I've given you permission to do so."

When he looked up at the emperor, he was relieved to see that he was indeed calm now. "Your Majesty, the High Priest might heal Her Royal Highness. I'll take care of everything here so please don't worry."