Chapter 25

TILLY was pleasantly surprised when Kiho visited her early in the morning.

Since he was already there, she invited him for breakfast. Her father didn't say much but she knew that the duke had fully accepted Kiho as her future husband. Not only because of the prophecy, but maybe because her father could see that Kiho was good to her.

Anyway, after breakfast, she asked the head chef to prepare sandwiches for Kiho. While waiting for the food, she brought him in the guest room to show off her outfit of the day.

"How do I look?" Tilly asked while spinning around in front of Kiho who was sitting on the sofa while having tea. "I dressed down today so I could move comfortably."

For her scheduled activity today, she wore a plain white long-sleeved blouse with a huge red ribbon (and a corset, of course), an ankle-length maroon skirt, and leather brown boots. She would wear a maroon cloak later because the weather was cold today. Well, she wasn't affected by the cold but she didn't want to get sick.

To complete her look, she applied light makeup on her face and tied her hair in a messy bun.

"You're beautiful, Tilly," Kiho said with a satisfied look on his face. "And I like that you look more comfortable now. The fancy dresses you usually wear will get you killed."

"Huh?"

"Your fancy dresses look heavy and hard to move in," he said. "How are you supposed to run in that if you were attacked?"

"Way to ruin the mood, Captain," she complained. Then, she sat next to him with a pout while her arms were crossed against her chest. "Why do you always talk about being ambushed and the likes?"

"Oh, sorry," he said in an embarrassed tone. "Bad habit."

Well, it wasn't like she didn't understand him.

Kiho was the captain of a squad that specialized in assassination. Of course, his head was filled with strategies on how to kill and survive. Wherever he was, he would always analyze the surroundings and find an escape routine.

[That only goes to show that he's used to being attacked.]

But come to think of it, now that she realized that Princess Nia had an evil plan against her, she should learn how to defend herself.

"Baby, are you upset?"

Tilly smiled right away when she heard Kiho call her in their endearment in a very gentle tone. Thanks to that, her annoyance a while ago disappeared in an instant. "No, not anymore," she said. Then, she hugged his arm and looked up at him with the most adorable face that she could make. "Baby, I want to learn swordsmanship. Will you teach me?"

Kiho looked hesitant. "Why do you suddenly want to learn how to use the sword?"

"Because we live in a dangerous world!"

"That's why I'm leaving Blake to you."

"But you or Blake can't always protect me," she countered. "I should learn how to defend myself. My Mana is useless in a combat so I must pick up a weapon instead."

The captain fell silent.

Then, they heard a knock in the door. The butler informed them that the carriage she rented had arrived in the mansion. Using her family's carriage would gather attention so she decided to rent an ordinary carriage, just like what she did last time.

"Let's talk about this again later," Kiho said. Then, he gently patted her head. "I'll carefully consider your request, Tilly."

"Thank you, Kiho," she said, satisfied that Kiho didn't casually reject her idea. "Oh, wait. I'll ask someone the sandwiches I asked the head chef to make. Bring them with you, Captain. Eat it during your lunch break or snack time."