Chapter 93

TILLY couldn't look at Sentinel after he caught her making out with Kiho.

She would admit that she was shameless when it came to seducing her husband. Still, that didn't mean she'd be comfortable knowing that other people saw her intimate moment with Kiho. She wasn't an exhibitionist.

"How did you get here, Sentinel?" Tilly asked him suspiciously, finally gathering the courage to look at him. "Have you been following us since we left the temple?"

Right now, they were having tea in the tea room.

Kiho and her were sitting side-by-side and sitting across from them were Sentinel and Luna. They gathered in that room after Sentinel reappeared again.

"Unfortunately, yes," Sentinel answered. "Lord Wixx asked me to be your spirit guardian, Lady Nystrom. I missed my chance to introduce myself to you when your husband found you at the prayer room earlier."

And the "spirit guardian" probably missed the other opportunities.

When she arrived at the mansion, she fell asleep. When she woke up, she went to the study with Kiho to look at the empire's map. And then, that was when Sentinel appeared after catching her making out with Kiho.

Gosh.

"Spirit guardian?" Kiho asked in astonishment. "I heard only powerful mages have spirit guardians." He turned to her. "As expected, you're really amazing, honey."

"Thanks, hon. But I think it's only because I have the Red Phoenix's heart," she said, then she turned to the spirit guardian. "Sentinel, where were you? Are you somewhere inside my body?"

Kiho frowned. "I don't like the sound of it."

"I'm residing inside your heart, Lady Nystrom," Sentinel said, then he sipped his tea. Amazingly, even though he was a spirit, he could also function like a normal person now that he was out of her heart. "Unfortunately, when I'm awake, I can see everything within your field view."

"Poor you," Luna said sympathetically to Sentinel. "I can perfectly relate to you, Sentinel. I also want to throw up whenever I see the Duke and the Duchess of Oakes flirt to each other."

Okay, Tilly blushed in embarrassment.

Kiho's cheeks turned red as well.

Gosh, are we really that flirty in other people's eyes?

"Do you really have to be inside my heart 24/7?" Tilly asked shyly. "I mean, I have a husband and I don't want someone spying on us."

"I agree," Kiho said firmly. "And what about when my wife is taking a bath? I'll kill you if you look at her body."

"I have no interest in a child's body," Sentinel said. "And don't worry. As long as you are near me, I can stay in my human form. In short, from now on, I'll stay in this body. I'll just return to my spirit form if I need to protect your heart."

"Protect my heart from what?"

"From awakening," the spirit guardian said. "There are people who are capable of sealing your heart but it would never be enough. But now that I'm here, I'll make sure that no one could literally play with your heart."

"Why can't I awaken, Sentinel?" she asked curiously. "I already know that I have the heart. The royal twins already know that I know who and what I am. Shouldn't it be more beneficial to us if my heart awakened? Wouldn't it make me super strong or something?"

"Of course, you'll be strong once your heart fully awakened," Sentinel agreed. "But you can't control your power unless the Red Phoenix is awake as well. Otherwise, you'll go insane."