The First Friend

Kai and Bai were both against it. It had only been a year since Sakura's accident and she was turning eleven that year. They still wanted to keep her home where they could protect her and home school her.

Sakura on the other hand was completely against it. She was ready to return to school after dropping out due to her parents death and the car accident. It had taken her nine months to relearn how to walk and over a whole year to finally catch up with her school work. Thankfully her school was very understanding thanks to a large donation. Finally it took 16 months before Sakura could finally get back to training and doing anything remotely athletic.

After plenty of debate and retesting Yakumo Sakura would be returning to her private all girls primary school. Her goal was to be ready to enter Namimori Middle School in a year. She wanted to stop having a shelter life and live like a normal kid. Even the therapist agreed that it would help with her grief if she could continue to live like a normal child. Well as normal as a Yakuza Princess could live.

Kai was now her new guardian while his twin brother was her emergency contact. Her Father really had thought of everything for her daughter in the event of his death. He had already made Nakama Kai her legal guardian and left his business to her with Kai as the advisor until she was ready. There was also a trust fund for her that she could access as soon as she turned 16 but Kai was kind of enough to use the money to buy her whatever she needed.

~~~~

The first day back was exciting for the princess. She had been looking forward to getting things back to normal and getting back to school. Her guardian Kai dropped her off at the front gate in their town car and reminded her that he would be waiting for her around the corner so not to block the gate for the other students. She partly ignored him as she got out of the car joining her fellow students shuffling into the campus.

Right away the short brown hair girl followed the students towards the bulletin board to see what class she was in. She found her name quickly and smiled. This was a small sign that she should be back in school and that she had made the right decision on returning. The princess made her way into the school and changed her outdoor shoes to her indoor ones and headed up to the third floor looking for classroom 5-A.

Once she found her classroom she opened the door to realize one thing. She had been missing school for a year and half and there were already little clicks and groups. Another issue was that she didn't remember anyone that was in her class. Awkwardly she walked over to her assigned seat in the back and sat there quietly seeing how she didn't know anyone in the class. As more students filed in, Sakura kept feeling more and more awkward.

At the first break she chose to play on her phone and ignore what was going on around her. It was okay because no one talked to her let alone approached her. After all she had been gone a year and rumors had spread despite knowing the truth. At lunch she couldn't take it and got up leaving the classroom.

She found herself eating her lunch alone on the side of the building under some trees. It was quiet as the student stretched out her legs. The cool breeze blew her hair to the side causing her to close her eyes. "I need to get used to this. Being a Yakuza leader means being alone. Father was alone. He only used mother to have an heir." she reasoned with herself.

About to come to terms about this, she was interrupted by some other girl's voices. "Come on Hinamori" was heard. Sakura knew that name. She was a girl in her class. An annoyed look was plastered on her face as she stood up. "You said you had money to buy us all lunch today. So cough it up" a different voice said. "I don't have it. I can get it for you tomorrow" the Hinamori student pleaded. A loud slapping sound was heard along with a loud thump then some laughing.