Varia : Mist

Summary : A bit of a shorter chapter this week although I do hope you are all enjoying it as we head into the next battle.

Hibari and Sakura came down from the water tank and he frowned already seeing her pulling out her phone. "I told you that you can sleep at my house again." he told her. "It's only nine pm Kyoya. Miki is already on his way." she told him adjusting her backpack. "Fine." he pouted a little as he took her hand. The very least he could was wait for her ride with her at the front of the school.

They were standing outside the front of the school. He had let go of her hand and was leaning against the wall. His eyes were on the girl. From her dark color heels. All the way up her scared legs. The edge of her uniform skirt. His eyes narrowed recalling the color of her underwear. He couldn't see her tattoo but he knew it was there. She was still wearing his jacket and he could tell it fit her too big. The girl pulled it a little closer to chest feeling slightly cold. A stray strand of hair ended up being tucked in behind her ear.

They waited in silence but it was a comfortable silence. The car was sure taking its time so Hibari reached out to try and grab her, to pull her to him but headlights lit up the street. He stood up straight. "Ah Miki." she said happily. She went over to the car once it had stopped. Hibari went and opened the car door for her. "Get home safe," he told her. She took off his jacket and handed it back to him. "Good night Kyoya." she told him and got in the car. He shut the door and watched her head off before he headed home himself.

The Next Day...

Hibari was lost in his own thoughts about the Princess and the weird feelings she was giving him. He didn't even properly notice the person who walked past him and mumbled something. But his senses were off and he stopped in his steps and looked back wondering who the hell was talking to him.

His phone rang and it was the girl who confused and plagued his thoughts. "Sakura? Yeah. Go ahead. I'll see you tomorrow then." he told her and hung up.

That Night : Gymnasium

Sakura walked in just in time to see the chibi on the Varia's team be completely obliterated. "Eh...Wait! How could you... you didn't have to go so far." Tsunayoshi yelled at Rokudo Mukuro. "Even now you're still showing sympathy for the enemy?" the illusionist asked. "Yeah it's pretty pathetic for a potential Vongola leader." Sakura said, approaching the group. Mukuro looked at her then back at Tsunayoshi. "Just how naive can you get, Sawada Tsunayoshi?" Sakura looked over at Tsunayoshi.

This confirmed to her that Rokudo Mukuro were made of the same cloth. "There's no need to worry...I should say," he continued, "That baby managed to escape. From the start, he had every intention of reserving enough energy to escape. He's a shrewd one, that arcobaleno." Sakura glanced over at the leader of the Varia. She could tell he gave some kind of order and she could easily assume what it was.

Mukuro turned his attention towards the leader of the Varia. "My my, you really are the dark side of the mafia, aren't you Xanxus?" Sakura's eyes widened. That was his name. She looked at the man in the chair. "Xanxus" she said the name, liking the way it rolled off her tongue. "Even I would feel awed at this terrifying scheme you've thought up." Mukuro said to the man. The two continued the one sided exchange until Mukuro turned his back to the Varia and approached his subordinates.

The Vongola children were on edge with Mukuro so close to them. Sakura on the other hand was calm and no longer scared of this man. He on the other hand looked at the Princess. Although she couldn't see it, Mukuro would never forget the feeling of her guardian spirit. "Yakuza Princess." he addressed her. "You are very lucky to be so loved to the point that those who would dare to hurt you would never stand a chance." he shared with her. This comment only confused her. He gave a slight nod which she gave a nod back.

Mukuro looked at Tsunayoshi and told him exactly why he became his Mist Guardian. "Anyways...th-thank you" the boy said right before Mukuro turned back into the girl Chrome Dokuro. Sakura could care less about the girl. She turned her attention back to the Varia and the creepy twins. "Since the results for both sides are three wins each," one said, "We will continue with the next contest battle. Tomorrow will finally be the last card in the contest battles between the guardians. It is the battle between cloud guardians."

"It's Hibari's turn." Gokudera said. "Kyoya." Sakura muttered his name. "Yes!" Yamamoto cheered. Reborn looked over at the Varia. "Oi, Xanxus what are you going to do? If Hibari wins the next fight, the ring count will be four against three in our favor. Even though you have gained the sky ring, the decision was that Tusna's side will win." This comment caught everyone's attention. "Eh?' Tsunayoshi asked. "In that case..." Yamamoto commented. "When the time comes you better be prepared to admit defeat as promised. You will abdicate all rights to be the successor." Reborn harshly reminded him.

Sakura turned to look at the man named Xanxus. "Of course. I have always respected the Vongola spirit. I will honor the promise of the battle. If Mosca really loses the cloud battle, I will let you people have everything." Xanxus agreed. Sakura saw the look on his face and once again she could feel her cheeks heat up and her breath caught in her throat.

"Just one more!" Ryohei said. "Not that I approve of him, but if it's that guy..." Gokudera muttered. "You guys are so naive." the camo baby commented. "That Xanxus dared to say something like that means... He has every confidence that Mosca guy will win." Reborn told them the cold truth. "You mean... Hibari-san will..." Tsunayoshi muttered. "Will win." Sakura finished. They all looked at her. There was nothing but pride and confidence on her face. "Hibari, will win tomorrow. He's been looking forward to it." she nodded her head. Xanxus glared at her. She felt his eyes on her and she turned to face him. "He will win." she stated to him as well.