Year One : Part One

After School
Every day Sakura continued to disrespect the Namimori Middle School uniform. She would continue to wear it in the most revealing possible just to force Hibari to fight with her both before school and after school. The Yakuza princess had the decency to let Hibari enjoy his break, student study period, and lunch by staying in her classroom and having other male students bring her things outside of the classroom so that she wouldn't bother the prefect.

That was another thing that brought attention to Sakura. It was the way she dressed that attracted unwanted male student attention and within a week all the male students, outside of Hibari's little gang, were entranced by the first year Yakumo Sakura. She became the school idol that you don't mess with. Rumor had it that one student asked her out and she left him unconscious for staring at her cleavage too much saying something among the lines of "Those are only for Hibari-senpai to stare at." She then proceeded to beat that student.

Anything that happened at Namimori Middle School was heard by Hibari. So one could imagine how pissed off he was when he found out another student beat up another student that wasn't under his authority? If you guess raging in anger you would be correct. And when he found out this student was none other than Yakumo Sakura, he nearly pulled her out of class to beat her.

He had the patience to wait until after school that day. He stood outside the main building. His men were standing by the gate so she wouldn't be able to escape that day. Sakura was amused when she saw the length that Hibari went today for their ritual after school fight. She smiled as she stretched her back to greet him. "Good afternoon senpai. Are we going for one round or two today?" she asked, completely obvious.

Hibari was not amused though. Today there was a glare in his piercing gray eyes. "You beat another student so today I will punish you for it" he told her going to attack her with his tonfa. Sakura sighed as she backfliped away. "If beating up another student causes you to pay more attention to me then I should do it more often." she bantered. HIbari was not in the mood. The fight lasted a whole ten minutes before Sakura slipped and Hibari nearly took out her jaw with his tonfa but he stopped himself. "That my win Yakumo" he told her, pleased with himself that he finally took her down once. Their fights usually consisted in draws, due to them not being able to finish the fights, but today Hibari got the first win.

~~~

Nickname
It was another spring day as Sakura and Yuna entered the school grounds. Sakura was still dressed in poor tastes for Hibari. He looked bored today though and Sakura frowned when she saw the bored look on his face. "Not in the mood to squabble Hibari?" she asked him, smiling smugly. He yawned and the smile on the princess's face disappeared. He lowered his stance. "I'm not in the mood this morning Yakumo." he told her, putting his tonfas away and heading to patrol and keep the other students in line. Her eyes widened as disappointed settled in her heart.

Yuna looked at Sakura and saw the disappointment in Sakura's eyes. "Sakura, come on you can fight him after school" Yuna commented. But she didn't want that. Instead she took a proud step forward and loudly said, "You coward, Hibi"

Hibari's whole body stopped. One could see the ridge movements in his body. He cocked his head towards her in a deathly sharp glare. "What did you just call me?" he dared her again. Sakura smirked as she stalked him. "I believe I called you a coward" she snapped back. "That's not what you called me." he stated, still glaring at her and drawing his tonfas. "Say it again Yakumo." he glared at her. It clicked to Sakura at that moment as a smirk graced her lips. "Hi. Bi." He let out a small growl as he charged at her.

Feeling his anger and attention on her, Sakura rose to the occasion and was ready to take on the deadly Skylark.

~~~