Welcome Back

Summary : With the start of the School year we will get to see Sakura take on a new role in her position as a member of the Disciplinary Committee.

The school year didn't start for another couple of weeks but that didn't mean the student council and disciplinary committee weren't hard at work. The student council was busy at work creating welcome back banners for the students as well as triangle flag pendants to decorate the classroom announcement boards. They were moping the hallways and cleaning classroom windows and whiteboards. Everything was supposed to be sparkling new for new and returning students.

The disciplinary committee on the other hand was securing the school grounds, making sure it was clean and each classroom had it's proper set up. Sakura walked onto campus, dressed properly with her disciplinary badge attached to the edge of her skirt. Although one would normally wear it on their arm, Sakura felt like it was more her style to have it on her rolled up skirt.

A disciplinary committee member went over to her. "Hibari-sama would like you to report to his office" he informed her. Sakura nodded her head then proudly walked towards the main building. Her hair was swishing back and forth with each step. She changed her shoes and then made her way up to his office. The walk to his office was not one she hadn't walked before but this time it felt different for her. Her indoor shoes made small sounds echoing throughout the hallway as she approached his door. With a deep breath she raised her hand to knock on the door but stopped when she heard voices.

It took her a second to regain her confidence as she raised her fist to the door and knocked. Then she took a step back waiting for the permission to enter; she took this moment to check her uniform to make sure it would be up to Hibari's standards. Once she settled on it being the best that it was going to be, the door opened.

Kusakabe looked down at her. "Come in, Sakura-san," he greeted her. She nodded her head and walked in. Hibari's back was to the young Yakuza princess. He was looking at his school grounds. "Being a member of the committee means you will be held to a higher standard. I will expect more from you including keeping order at the school despite having class along with wearing a proper uniform." Sakura couldn't see it but Hibari's eyebrow twitched as he remembered her distasteful choices of how she wore her uniform. "Yes sir." Sakura replied. Hibari turned to look at her and right away his eyes noticed where she was wearing her badge. He thought about saying something but decided that it suited her too well and scoffed.

"Today you will observe and help out the other members. On the first day of school you will be at the front doors to help any student that has questions." he gave her his orders. She nodded her head. "Hibari-san says you're more personable then the other members. Therefore the students would feel better approaching you instead of one of us to get their questions answered" Kusakabe explained. Sakura nodded her head to him. "That sounds easy enough," she commented. Hibari and Kusakabe nodded.

Sakura bowed to excuse herself when Hibari stopped her. "Your phone" he told her. Sakura looked at him surprised to see him that close to her. She hadn't seen him move from the window to right in front of her. Confused, she pulled it out her phone from her skirt pocket and showed it to him. Her phone was a pink flip phone with a small cherry blossom charm hanging from it. He took it from her and typed a few things before handing it to Kusakabe. "You will be summoned randomly so it's better you have our numbers." Hibari explained. He then handed her his black flip phone for her to put her number in for him. She happily, and with a small blush upon her cheeks, input her number on both their phones, except on Hibari's phone she put a small cherry blossom emoji next to her first name. "Do not call or text me randomly" he warned her putting his phone away. She quickly nodded. "Understood" she commented, giggling unable to hold back how excited and happy she was.

Sakura's smile was contagious as Kusakabe smiled as well. Hibari on the other hand scoffed. "Get to work" he ordered her then headed back to his desk. Sakura bowed once more then headed out. She spent the rest of the day learning the routine's of the committee members.

On the first day of school she was in position at the doors of the main building where students approached her and a couple other members of the student council answering questions students had. Other members of the disciplinary committee members were enforcing rules and proper uniforms. Students who were confused on where their classrooms were, were escorted by members of the student council that Sakura pointed out.

When the first bell rang all students were in their proper classroom, Kusakabe approached her to relieve her of her duties. "Good work today Sakura-san" he told her smiling. "Thanks. This was pretty easy though" she commented shrugging. Kusakabe chuckled. "I think that's everyone so you can clean up and head up to your classroom" he told her. She nodded her head. "Thanks" she told him smiling then looked around. "Um...where is Hibari?" she asked, turning her attention back to him.

The second in command looked at his watch. "He should be finishing up his patrol and then get ready to take his morning nap" he shared with her. He then smiled. "Did you have another treat you wanted to sneak into his office?" he asked her. She shook her head. "Not today. I guess I just wanted to see him before I headed to class" she commented looking away the tips of her ears red. "I think you are the first person who has ever been so fond of Hibari-san" he commented to her. She chuckled. "I don't know what to tell you. Hibari is...well I've never met anyone like him and I can't help but be attracted to him." she shared with the commander. "I don't think Hibari-san has met anyone like you either, Sakura-san," he commented. That got Sakura to giggle "thank you" she told him, before she nodded to him and then headed inside to go to class.

Up on the roof, looking down at the pair was none other than Hibari Kyoya who was quite pleased with the newest member's behavior. Kusakabe looked up at him and nodded his head before he went to patrol his section of the school. Hibari pulled out his phone and messaged Sakura. "Good work this morning. Make sure you report to your after school duties as well" he sent her.

Sakura was about to enter her classroom when she got the message. She read it and couldn't stop the blush on her face. Because she had duties that morning, she ended up being late to class and right away the teacher got on her case. Smugly though, she flashed her badge on her skirt. The teacher's eyes widened and he excused her allowing her to take her seat. Having this badge made her feel a lot more prideful than she should be but she was also grateful to be part of Hibari's committee.

Notes:

And with that we have reached chapter 12 in the manga. I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. I would also like to apologize for the month long Hiatus as I was helping my mom move but now that she is settled in updates will continue regularly once again.

Just a wanted to give everyone a small introduction to Sakura and her character. Out of all my original characters she is most likely my complete one personally and character design wise.

if you are enjoying the story please leave a comment to let me know that you're enjoying it.

Reach out to me :
https://linktr.ee/armyhat210