Simon : The Fifth Memory

Summary : Meet Yakumo Tsubaki, Yakumo Ryunotsuke's twin sister and fiancee of Alaude the first Cloud Guardian.

A chain wrapped about Kaoru's neck as the Vindice showed themselves once more. "What are you doing, Vindice? Kaoru hasn't even decided what 'pride' he's fighting over!" Adelheid tried to stop them. "That may be, but this man's 'pride' is already broken. Therefore we acknowledge Mizuno Kaoru as the loser." They explained their decision.

"I'm sorry. My pride was placed in the Simon. For the Simon, I was prepared to do anything... But... betraying... all those friends who were so kind to me... it was just too much... my heart ached with pain... I want to atone... for the crimes I've committed." Kaoru explained why he was agreeing with the Vindice. "You..." Yamamoto muttered surprised by his answer. "I no longer have the capability to fight the Vongola. Forgive me..." Kaoru begged. "Kaoru!" Adelheid yelled.

"You always were a useless piece of junk, Mizuno Kaoru. But in the end, you managed to do something. Thanks to you losing, we get to watch a wonderful show." Damian said, smirking. "Show?" Gokudera questioned. "He's talking about the Primo's past memories." Reborn explained.

"Now that the battle has been decided, I present the fifth 'key'. Behold." The Vindice held up a letter with a dying will flame seal at the top and was torn into two pieces. "Some kind of document?" Gokudera questioned. "At last. I'm sure you've already figured out what you're about to see in the next memory, haven't you? The execution of my plan to tear a man apart. The final moments of Simon Cozart." Damian had a smug look on his face just before the memory started.

They were on a cliff. Fire was burning in the background. "We've found them." Two hooded figures appeared next to Damian and another hooded figure. "Well done." Damian praised them.

"The Simon family is surrounded by the enemy in huge numbers. They're under siege, but somehow holding out. At this rate it's only a matter of time until they're crushed." One of the figures said. "He's an amazingly resilient man, that Simon Cozart. We certainly need to do some erasing after all. For now, we shall rush to the aid of the Simon family. In order to annihilate their family we shall tear Simon Cozart apart. If we come bearing these orders marked with the seal of the dying will flame... they will believe we are their allies and let their guard down." Damian explained the plan. "Understood sir!" The hooded figures said all together.

They were taken back to the main base castle in Italy. "Damian are you alright?" Primo greeted his beaten up guardian. "I'm so sorry, sir! The enemy vastly outnumbered our expectations. Even against our elite forces, their relentless assault annihilated us..." Damian explained. "What about your subordinates?" Primo asked worried. "I'm so sorry... I'll take responsibility. I should go after all!" he said as he kneeled in front of his friend.

"That's useless!" Damian yelled. "Useless?" Primo questioned him. "Even by the time I had rushed there, it was too late... Simon Cozart... is no more." Damian made his face look like he was upset about this development. "I tried to at least bring his remains back.." Damian said. "I see... I'm indebted to you, Damian." Primo said, standing up and turning his back to him.

Back on the battlefield, gunfire continued to sound off against the Simon family who were trapped. The group of hooded figures approached Cozart and his family. "Simon Cozart-sama!" They said as they approached him. "We're here under the orders of Damian Spade of the Vongola family. We are your reinforcements." He explained holding up the fake letter.

"Don't lie to me. Under orders of that man named Damian, you've come here to wipe us out, haven't you?" Cozart asked. He looked worse for wear. The hooded figures didn't say anything. "So it's true... I realized there was a traitor within the Vongola." he said as he and his family stood up. "What?" The hooded figures asked shocked. "I realized it when the letter I received had 'from Primo' written on it... Giotto never refers to himself as 'Primo' to me. The other person who calls him Giotto is Ryu. So I knew that the third letter was clearly a fake. I became worried about Giotto and tried to act quickly but it appears Damian Spade was one step ahead of me..." Cozart explained.

Cozart ignited his flames. "So I guess this is it then... But I'm going to fight until the end! Even if this body is broken down... I will fight for my family and friends." Cozart declared. "Boss!" One of his family members yelled out picking up his gun. "Us too!" Another said standing up.

"Well spoken though it appears Vongola Primo was one step ahead of Damian Spade" the hooded figure tore the document in half. "We had already seen through the plan of our boss, Damian Spade." The hooded figures took off their masks. "By the orders of Vongola Primo... better yet... for your and Giotto's friendship... The Simon family.. We shall... defend it to the very last!" G said revealing that Primo had sent his personal guardians to save his friend.

Cozart fell back in shock. Ryu went over and offered him his hand. Cozart took it and Ryu helped him up. "It's been too long," he said smiling. Cozart nodded, "Yes it has." he agreed. "G!" Cozart looked at his other long time friend. "Cozart, these men are the same as me, Giotto's guardians. Please trust us." he asked of him.

In the background they all heard an explosion. "Ah there she is." Ryu said, looking off into the distance. "She?" Cozart asked. Ryu nodded and pointed her out. There was a woman standing on top of the rubble. She was wearing a beautiful free flowing kimono. She was holding two fans as she swung her fan, several more people fell to the ground. "Allow me to introduce my twin sister, Yakumo Tsubaki." Allude stepped up. "And my fiancee." he shared as he fondly looked at the woman.

Cozart got a good look at the woman as did the rest of the group. There was no doubt. This woman looked just like Sakura. "We could go off full force and help Tsubaki right here and now, but we don't want to let Damian Spade know that we've come to the aid of the Simon family just yet. Let's leave this to these guys. You and I should go to Giotto." G told him. "G... Giotto's guardians... Ryu... Thank you." Cozart said.

The memory ended.

"THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! ARE YOU SAYING THAT PRIMO SAW THROUGH MY PLAN? THAT TSUBAKI INTERFERED ONCE AGAIN!" Damian exploded in anger. "Simon... Cozart is..." Adelheid struggled to believe what she saw too. "He wasn't killed after all..." Kaoru said thankful.

"It seems as though the handed-down history of the Simon family and the Yakumo Yakuza... has been rewritten." Reborn pointed out. "Vongola Primo never betrayed the first Simon. Their friendship never wavered at all!" Tsuna said, excited. The light had returned to his eyes.

"How dare you, Primo! You faked Cozart's death!" Damian said through gritted teeth. "But if he was never assassinated... Cozart should have been alive well after the battle ended." Reborn pointed out. "Th-that's right!" Gokudera agreed. "But then why is there no record of him living afterwards?" Tsuna questioned. "Even I haven't detected a trace of his existence up until now..."Damian was trying to comprehend as well.

"Well, it's all good then, isn't it? Simon Cozart was fine after all." Yamamoto laughed it off. "Yamamoto..." Tsuna said, shocked. "It's not just 'all good' brainless baseball idiot." Gokudera shot him down. "Just as simple as ever." Reborn smiled. Sakura giggled.

The chains around Kaoru and Adelheid's necks tightened. Both of them moaned in pain. "We will not imprison the loser." The Vindice said. "Kaoru!" Yamamoto looked behind him. "Adelheid!" Tsuna yelled her name. "Sawada... I have... a favor to ask of you... it's about Enma... PLEASE SAVE HIM!" She begged. Tears streamed in small rivers down her face. "That boy... Enma's heart... is now broken beyond the point of return. The past of Cozart and his companions won't even reach him. The only thing left that can save him... is you... Up until the day before the inheritance ceremony, he believed in you. Just like Vongola Primo and Simon Cozart.... I don't expect you to be able to forgive me... for all the harm that I've cause you up until now... But I'm sorry." she gave her final words and the Vindice took her away.

"Adelheid!" Tsuna screamed her name. "Kaoru!" Yamamoto yelled. "Takeshi... If it's alright with you... from here... on out... let's be friends." Kaoru asked of him. "Kaoru.... KAORU!" Yamamoto screamed.