Love at First Sight

The first day of any new school is supposed to be nerve racking but that's not how Yakumo Sakura felt. In fact the 11 year old was very excited to show off her new level of confidence. Over the summer she had been more involved in her family business. Kai and Bai made sure to take time to teach her not only how to defend herself but also how to properly fight. They also show her the business aspect of the family business including the properties her family had owned for generations. Then there were the four ports they also owned on the north side of town where their imports of goods came in.

One would think that these ports would be sneaking in illegal goods but you'd be wrong. In fact like most Japanese Yakuza's the Yakumo Yakuza is all about helping out those in need. The goods that were being brought in were all items that were possibly illegal in Japan but legal in other countries. Either way they were all items that people needed and the Yakuza provided.

The other half of the business was real estate. The Yakuza owned a couple of properties in Namimori that includes, one apartment building, two outdoor shopping malls and the Yakumo compound which was a large traditional Japanese home that took up a large city block where all the business happened.

Learning all this totally gave the 14 year old Yakuza Princess more confidence than any normal 14 year old would have. The contrast was clear as day when other first years of Namimori Middle School walked through the front gate. Sakura carried herself tall and confident while her best friend Hinamori Yuna looked beyond scared and nervous. "I don't know how you do it, Sakura," Yuna said, holding on to the arm of her friend. Sakura glanced at her as they entered the school and walked over the announcement boards that shared which classroom each student was assigned. "It's all about how you want others to see you. I want people to notice me and I want them to be aware of my pretense." Sakura commented. Yuna looked at her. "Because of your family business?" Sakura nodded.

The girls walked over to the board where Yuna let go of Sakura and started on one side of the boards. Sakura went to the other and they both looked for their names. Sakura noticed both their names on the second board. They were in the same class which was a relief for both of them. The princess went over to her friend and pulled her out of the crowd. "We are in the same class. Class 1B" Yuna lit up and hugged her friend. "Oh thank goodness" They shared an excited giggle.

Just then a rogue gust of wind blew through the crowd of students. Sakura turned her head to avoid her soft light brown hair flying into her face. Her eyes then met another. A young man dressed in the proper male student uniform with a red band on his right arm. It was like time had slowed down as her breath hitched staring at this young man. His eyes met hers but only for a brief second before he turned his attention back to the other students. It was then she noticed the other male student standing next to the one that was making her heart race. It was the outdated hairstyle that this man was wearing that she noticed about this second one. But the air around the other one that made her face flare up. She couldn't take her eyes off him as she openly stared.

"Sakura come on we'll be late" Yuna pulled her back to reality. "Who is that?" Sakura asked instantly, looking at her friend. Yuna looked over to where her best friend was staring. "That's Hibari Kyoya. He's a second year in charge of the Disciplinary Committee here at Namichu. And the guy standing next to him with the weird haircut is his right hand man, Kusakabe Tetsuya" Yuna explained. Sakura looked back at the young man named Hibari once more. "Hibari Kyoya huh" she muttered with a slight smirk on her face.

The girls made their way into the main building to switch out their shoes. Their classroom was on the second floor as most club rooms were on the first. They made their way up the stairs to find their classroom. They were almost swept away by the crowd of students trying to find their own classrooms when Sakura grabbed Yuna's arm and pulled her into their classroom. A sign above the door said, 1-B, on it. Yuna was thankful that her best friend pulled into the classroom as she continued to watch the first years rush to their classrooms.