Chapter 71 - We're your hero?!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

We're your hero?!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You and Sophie climb onto the highest rooftop.

"Leo, can you see them?" You ask.

Leo flies off and circles the town.

You see Eugene and Lance running around too trying to find the kids.

"Hmmm, can we get any higher up?" You look around being cautious not to get caught by a guard since you're technically not allowed to be on someone's house.

"I don't think so- There they are!" Sophia points to the kids running on the roofs.

You both run as fast as you can chasing them and jumping off the roof. Your running past an alley when you're dragged in with Sophie and the kids.

Eugene and Lance cuffs the kids to themselves panting.

"Let me go!" The short-haired one grunts.

"Okay! First rule of not being a theif! Dont Steal pretty obvious!" Eugene shouts. "Second rule, making people chase you five miles around town makes them CRANKY!"

Sophie smirks, "Well if you just listen to me and (__) and came on the rooftops you would have caught them earlier!"

Lance looks at the red-haired girl and smiles, "Aww, aren't you a fancy little theif. I'm calling mine red cause shes got-"

You roll your eyes, "Red hair, yeah we get it."

"You can't just-" the short-haired girl kicks Eugene. "Ow oh! Okay, I'm calling mine angry."

"We don't do nicknames."

You and Sophie giggle.

"Don't you two start!" Eugene shouts.

"Sorry, these kids are just awesome!" You say giggling.

"Anyway, listen angry, you don't wanna be here and we dont wanna be here-"

"So fancy!" Lance squeals.

Eugene groans, "Ugh, just return what you stole then we can all get on with our lives. Besides you dont wanna be thieves, take it from all of us. It's not a viable long time career."

"Maybe you two were bad at it." Angry crosses her arms.

"Which two?" Eugene asks.

"You  fancy boys obviously, were  Starlight's and Sun Slayer's, biggest fans." Angry pulls two wanted posters of you and Sophie from her pocket.

Eugene takes offence, "Bad at it?! Bad at it?! We were the original strikers! Ever heard of the drop and stop?"

The kids shake their heads.

You shake your head too, "Nope, get it right Eugene, I was the original striker, also, can I have a look at that poster of me? I'll give it back I promise."

Angry hands it over to you, "I haven't seen one of these in a long time." You look at how much the rewards were. "Dang, 900,000 on me!? That was more than Eugene's and Lance's."

"Duh, you were the number one theif in every Kingdom!" Sophie says.

"I were? heh now I can see why Quirin wanted to get me taken away." You give the poster back.

"Anyway, my point is, the life of a criminal is hard, you're always on the run." Eugene and Lance pick up the kids, you and Sophie walk to the side of them.