Chapter 84 - Painter's block

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Painter's block

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

It's the next day, you and Sophie have kept it low since you couldn't be bothered to talk to anyone.

Your main goal was to get enough food for the next few weeks and get back to Old Corona for Varian.

“(__)! Where have you been! I was so worried about you!” Eugene pulls you and Sophie into a hug, “If you were gonna run off like that you could've at least sent a letter to tell us your okay!” 

You smile lightly, “Oh, um sorry… I was just a bit.. busy! that's all…” You gently pull away a bit awkward.

Eugene frowns and lifts your chin up with his finger, “You know Blondie was-”

“Not right now, Eugene. We don't really wanna talk about it.” Sophie interrupts for you.

Eugene sighs, “Alright… I hope you guys are alright anyway.” He strokes his chin, “Things are getting weirder by the minute here, and  Cassandra is on a mission.”

You and Sophie glance at each other, “A mission?”

“Feldspar went missing two days ago, and now Freidborg is missing too.”

Your getting worried, “What? What's happening?”

Cass walks up, “We don't know… That's why my dad gave me this mission.” Both of their eyes trail to the painting Lance made.

“Where Did You get that painting from?” Eugene asks.

“Oh, I bought it from  Lance.” You reply.

Cass facepalms, “How much?”

“25 gold pieces.”

“(__). You know he was scamming you right?”

“Well, duh. But he looked upset, so I paid more than he had it up for sale.”

Eugene ruffles your hair, “You're too sweet for this world, kid. I'll Cya later, I've got a date with Rapunzel.”

“Yeah, that's fine, don't go check on someone who NEEDS your help,” Sophie grumbles.

You wave as he walks out, Cass walks out too.

“Sophie, they had to save the kingdom, it doesn't mean we won't help Varian out.” 

You glance around your room and uncover a picture of you, Quirin, Sophie and Varian that you were making for Varian’s 15th.

A tear falls down your face just looking at how happy you all were together.

Sophie quickly runs over and covers it back up. “C’mon, let's just go take a break from everything, then go get stuff from the markets.”

“Alright, let's go.” 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You both sit on the edge of the fountain in town, just doodling in your journal and talking about adventures you both went on before all of this happened.