Chapter 9 - out of place

You're finally at the castle. It was so much bigger than you expected.

You and Quirin get stopped by the guards to check who was at the castle door.

"Were here to see the king and queen about (___)."

You have a bad feeling of why you are here.

The guards take you to the throne room where the king and queen sat. They both stare at you and Quirin though the queen gives more of a mother vibe which calms you.

"Your majesty," Quirin bows "This is (___) who you wanted to see."

"Thank you, Quirin..." The king walks over.

He smiles "So your (___)? Quirin told me loads about you..."

"It's nice to meet you, your majesty." You bow.

"You don't have to call me your majesty (___), king Frederick is fine." He smiles at you and puts a hand on your shoulder.

You look up to see Quirin trying to keep a straight face but you know something is going on.

"We have heard about what state Quirin's boy found you in... and how it's too dangerous for you, Quirin and his son for you to be together..."

"What are you saying, king Frederick?"
He rubs his head not knowing how to phrase his next sentence.

"We have decided to keep you here at the castle for a while until we know its safe." Your jaw drops.

"With no offence sir, I have been in a lot tougher situations than what happened back then!" You take a deep breath to cool down but it doesn't work. "I'm not an object your majesty I'm a person who doesn't want any of... this!"

Quirin looks down to you shocked how your acting towards the king. "(___)!" He scolds.

The Queen comes over to you. "Maybe I should explain things to (___)." She smiles calmly and nods her head for you to follow.

You and the Queen were now walking down the hall it was an awkward silence while you just glance at the floor.

"You were very brave back then (___)."
Queen Ariana smiles at you.

"I was? I completely lost it..." you didn't realise that the queen was heading you towards your new room.

The guards open the door who were following you and the queen.

"You didn't lose it (___), you stood your ground where you thought you were right." She smiles warmly at you. She reminded you of how a mother acts.

You go over to the open window and you whistle for Leo.

Meanwhile, the queen picks up a brush a sits on the side of the bed.

Leo flies through the window and lands on your hand.

"Oh, Who is this little guy?" The queen gently Pat's his head.

"His name's Leo He came over to me when I was at old Corona With Varian... and now hes my companion." Leo tweets while perching on your finger.

The Queen looks in deep thought.

You see the queen has a brush in her hand. You sit down so she can brush your hair, you didn't want to be rude. Especially since the Queen has been so nice to you. 

She brushes your hair when she notices you were staring out of the window.
"You care a lot about Quirin's boy don't you?"

You nod,"He's my best friend... I miss him..."

"Its all my fault..." You sigh as a tear rolls down your face.

"Oh, sweetie nothing is your fault... Why would anything be your fault?" The Queen wipes the tears off your face.

"Before I tell you... Can I have some paper and a quill?" You ask hesitantly

Queen Ariana nods and points to a table that has some paper and quills on.

You stand up, go to the table write a note Then give it to Leo.

"Can you give this to Varian bud?" You ask Leo with a warm smile.

Leo tweets then grabs the scroll out of your hand and flies out of the window.

The Queen looks at you with a motherly smile, "(___) what was it you wanted to tell me?"

You sigh and begin to tell her.