Chapter 40 - History repeats itself

You and Rapunzel are stood in front of the king in the ruins of the hall.

"So I'm trying to understand this. You snuck out last night went beyond the walls of Corona, where you touched a mysterious rock, that somehow caused your hair to return and for you to have a strip of your hair turn white and sometimes glow?"

Rapunzel replies, "yes..."

"And it was just you two?" The king is annoyed.

"Look, I know you're angry, but can't you see? I'm okay! We're more than okay, I-" Rapunzel gets interrupted.

"Rapunzel! There's something I need to tell you. I love you. The night you were taken, a part of me died, the best part of me. For 18 long and agonizing years I swore that if somehow, someway, by some miracle the fates decided to show mercy and return you to me, I would never let anything happen to you again. And now that this has returned, the very reason you were snatched away from me in the first place, I'm afraid I'm left with no choice, sweetheart. As of tonight, I'm forced to exercise my martial right as king to forbid both of you from leaving the walls of this kingdom without my consent." King Frederick commands.

"Father!" Rapunzel shouts.

"What?! You can't do that!" You object.

He ignores you, "And know this... This is the last we will speak of mystical rocks or magic of any kind to anyone. Is that understood?"

Rapunzel cries, "There is so much more to me than you think." She runs off and you stand there.

"You realize it's not the first time she's been told she can't go out of some walls..." your about to walk away when king Frederick says.

"I'm just trying to protect Rapunzel!"

"Hm, funny, not the first time me or Rapunzel have heard that too."

" (__)!! Another word from you and-" King Frederick shouts at you but you interrupt him.

"And you will what? Lock me in my room again? Oh! Or maybe lock me in a cell for telling the truth? Isn't that funny how life repeats itself..." you turn around facing the door, "By now you should know I won't stand down from a fight if I know I'm right." Queen Ariana walks in. "And if you don't, then your mistaken your majesty."

You walk out of the hall and leave king Frederick defeated by a Fourteen-year-old once again.

-
-
-
-
You run back to your room to meet Leo waiting for you on your bed.

"Hey Leo, well, I think that went well..." you say sarcastically.

"We'll get out there one day if it's the last thing we do, but for now, we've gotta figure out this." You point to your white stripe in your hair.

"Hopefully Varian has an idea..." you get changed and go onto your balcony to watch the stars.
You can hear Raps singing on her balcony.

-
-
-
-
You go back into your room to get into bed.

After a few minutes, you fall asleep to recover another lost memory...

---------------------------------------------------------

Cliff hangerrrrr..... sorry for that but it will be worth it!