Chapter 58 - Tis a day before Christmas

Tis a day before Christmas and everything is...

Everything is...

HECTIC!

No one in the castle is prepared as this is the first Christmas with Rapunzel back and king Frederick wants everything perfect.

Two good things have happened though!

One, Queen Ariana and King Frederick have invited Varian and Quirin to the castle for the week!

And two, Lance has come back to Corona for the holidays and will stay for a week or two.

"Hey, (__), Rapunzel wants us to meet her at her room." Varian chuckles while coming to see what you're doing.

"Oh, she does? When?" You ask while shutting your journal.

"Now, so let's goo!" He pulls your hand for you to follow.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" You giggle and follow.

-
-
-
You and Varian walk into Rapunzel's room and see Cass, Lance, Eugene and Rapunzel sat in a circle with space for you two.

"Hey, you two! Come sit I have something extremely important to ask!" Rapunzel smiles.

You don't ask questions and sit down.

"So, as you all know this year has been a little-"

Cass interrupts her "Hectic, Crazy, Stressful?"

"Uh, no... I was going to say busy but anyway! I know we've all need some time to relax and have a good time soo..."

She runs over to her bed and reveals a hat.

"How about a secret Santa! Where we all pick a name out of a hat and we have to get the person a present but you can't tell people who you got!" Her eyes widen in excitement.

"Sounds fun!" You giggle, "But, is it just us six?"

She nods, " Mhm! And we can still get things for other people, this is just for us. Sooo what ya think?"

Everyone nods.

"Great, now everyone pick a name!" Rapunzel comes around with a hat.

You pull out a name.

The note says, "Eugene."

You smile and Quickly hide the paper.

You look around to see everyone with different expressions, Rapunzel, Cass, and Lance all seem happy.

Varian seems to be blushing, Maybe he got Cass?

And for Eugene? Well, his face has gone from happy to an almost annoyed.

"Well, everyone time to get your person there gift!!" Rapunzel squeals in excitement.

You all stand up if you're going to figure out what Eugene wants for Christmas it's time for some investigation.

-
-
-
It's been half an hour since you left Rapunzel's room and you have seen no one, not even Varian which is strange because since he's been staying at the castle he's never let you out of his sight, he's been following you everywhere, even to the stables to give Sebastian some food.

You walk to Eugene's room and knock.

"Come in."

"Hey, I just wanted to check on what your doing-"

Eugene pulls you into his room and checks no one is in the corridor.

"Okay, I need your help."

"What with?" You ask.