Chapter 81 - We will make you proud

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

We will make you proud

WARNING SINGING AND ANGST AHEAD

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You hear Varian screaming in your mind, then suddenly you run and grab Varians old winter coat that he left here last winter. But never got back.

“Where do you think you're going?” Eugene grabs your hood making you stop.

“I’m going to old Corona.” You say while grabbing a lantern.

“In this weather? Can’t you go tomorrow?” Rapunzel asks.

“Nope, I can't.” You reply.

Eugene grabs your arm when you try to run off. “I don’t think so until you give us some answers. You’ve been too secretive and I don't like it.”

You turn to face him, “Eugene, you're going to have to trust me.”

Eugene frowns, “I do, I do trust you… but I also know that your not your usual self.”

You sigh and search in your satchel until you feel the chemball. “I’m sorry, but you're not stopping me.”

You throw the chemball down on the ground creating pink smoke to explode everywhere.

You run out of the room and into the halls to see Leo flying up to you, “Leo! Look, buddy, it's too dangerous for you to come.”

Leo shakes his head then perches on your arm.

“You're gonna come anyway, even if I tell you no, arent ya?” You smirk walking down the halls.

Leo nods.

“Fine… C’mon then we’ve gotta go as fast as we can!” You run  and Leo flies by your side

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Meanwhile in Old Corona

Quirin breaks down a part of the wall to reveal a large chest, he opens the chest to reveal a helmet and sword with lots of other bits and bobs.

Quirin picks up the helmet and stares at his reflection then sighs.

He gazes out of the window looking at the castle in the distance.

“(__) is right… I need to tell him…” He stands up and walks over to the portrait of his wife, Ulla and baby Varian.

He walks over to Varians lab anxiously.

“Son i just-”

Varian turns around panicked spilling lime coloured substance over the rocks.

Quirin sighs, “Varian, I told you to stay away from those rocks!” He walks over to Varian annoyed.

“Yeah I know what you said but-”

Quirin interrupts him, “Then there should be NO misunderstanding! Now listen to me while I-”

Varian closes his eyes not wanting to hear what his dad has to say, “NO! No! You listen to me dad! Our village is dying and the only two people who seem to care that isn't me are out there!” Varian points out of the window, “You think running away is gonna fix the problem?! No! These rocks aren't going away!”