Chapter 32 - The return to the castle

"Well, you should get going (__) if you want to make it to the castle before night." Quirin starts to collect plates from lunch.

"Oh, okay... can I come back in a few days?" You look at Varian who looks slightly saddened at the fact the week is already over. Suddenly, Varian runs out of the house and you're confused but say nothing.

"Of course you can." He smiles lightly and is now washing pots.

"Well, I'll see you guys in a few days..." you begin to walk towards the Kingdom.

"Pssst! (__) over here!" You see Varian behind a bush.

"Huh, Varian what's going on?" You run over to him.

"You've gotta see this!" He pulls your arm for you to run with him.

He takes you to a cliff edge.

"Woah what is that?" A sharp black rock points out of the ground.

"I'm not sure but I've been doing experiments on it, it's sensitive to sunlight and only grows when the moon is out..." he explains.

"Strange..." you look over to Varian and whistle for Leo like usual he came in less than 10 seconds.

"Hey, little bud!" You pet his head softly. "Could go get Sebastian? I dont think I'm gonna get back before dark on foot, then I'll get you some pumpkin seeds as a reward." He nods excitedly and shoots off in the air.

You walk down the cliffside and over to the rock, you seem attracted to them and you dont know why.

It starts to glow blue, "Woah! That's spellbinding!" Varian stares in disbelief, "there has to be a scientific explanation for this!" Varian starts to get closer to the rock as well.

Suddenly you're lifted off your feet and over someone's shoulder and so is Varian.

"Let go of me!" You both shout trying to see who has taken you both off your feet.

You try to squirm out but the person who is carrying you but is too strong.

Varian is trying to do the same thing but it's not working.

You turn your head, "Quirin?" You question.

He ignores you and continues walking but you know it's a hundred percent him.

"Quirin let us go back!" You shout.

"No! I forbid you and Varian to go near those rocks again!" He raises his voice.

"Can we at least walk?" Varian asks but his dad ignores him and carries on walking.

"Quirin! You're not in control over me let us go back!" You're getting slightly annoyed with him.

"You live in my house and you will do as I say!" He sounds like he's getting annoyed too.

You stopped trying to reason with him and just wait for him to stop walking.

After a few minutes, you hear galloping. Suddenly you're pulled off his shoulder and placed on Sebastian.

Quirin says nothing and walks back to old Corona with Varian still over his shoulder. Varian waves slightly before trying to get his dad to put him down.

"You know something is up with Quirin, something to do with that black rock." You whisper to Sebastian and he nods

You choose to ignore it for now besides you still have to see everyone again!

-
-
-
-
-
-
The sun is setting and you've just made it back to the castle.

Sebastian was now asleep in his stable and Leo was on your shoulder eating pumpkin seeds.

You see stan and Pete run up to you. "Lady (___) were so glad you're okay! We've missed your company while you were gone." Pete catches his breath from running to you.

"Hey! I've missed you guys too." You open up your satchel and find stan's keys.

"I owe you an apology a
Stan." You give him his keys back.

"Its okay Lady (___), we know what you were doing now, And I gotta admit that whole escape was amazing! But promise you won't break any more criminals out of prison?" He holds out his pinky finger.

"I promise." You smile at them.

After a few minutes of talking, you decided you should go see the royals.

"Well I should get going, I'm sure the king and Queen would like to know I'm okay." They nod and you start heading towards the throne room.

You knock on the door and a guard opens it.

The king and Queen gasp when they see you. Eugene, Rapunzel and Cass are also there and they're all extremely happy to see you. Even Cass had a pretty big smile when she saw you.

"(__)!" Eugene runs , picks you up and gives you a massive hug.

"I thought I lost you again..." He whispers while hugging you.

"You never lost me before Eugene... we were just waiting to find each other again!" You smile at each other and he puts you down.

Queen Ariana walks up and hugs you as well, "Were so thankful you're still alive (__), and proud of you too."

The king walks over with a look stern as usual but soon warms up when you hug him as well as Queen Ariana.

Rapunzel joins in on the hug, "Group hug!!!"

"Oh, what the heck..." Eugene joins in too.

You look at Cass and offer a hand to join the hug. "Uh, no I don't do lovey-dovey stuff..."

You and Rapunzel look at each other and wink.

Rapunzel grabs her wrist and pulls her in.

You all let go and you yawn sleepily.

Queen Ariana smiles at you, "I think its bedtime for you... you've got a big day ahead tomorrow!"

"I have?" You yawn again.

Queen Ariana nods, "You've got a lot of friends to see tomorrow and greet with one of your hugs."

You look over to Cass and Eugene arguing about the silliest of things, just like siblings.

These people aren't just friends...

They're family.