Chapter 62 - Can i have this dance?

You and Varian talked for ten minutes before someone comes into the stables.

"Are you two love birds ready? Dad's is about to give a speech." Rapunzel walks in to see you both snuggled up with Sebastian and Leo.

"Aww! You guys are just so adorable!" Rapunzel squeals.

You stand up, "Alright, Hey, um Rapunzel? Do you know what's happening today? All I know is your dad's giving a speech."

Rapunzel giggles, "(__), he's your dad too now, and I'm not sure but I heard it's going to be fun!"

"Heh, we should get going." Varian stands up and holds your hand.

Rapunzel starts squealing again.

"Uh, Raps?" You click your fingers trying to get her attention.

"Oops! Sorry, let's go." She walks out of the stables.

You and Varian giggle then follow her.

-
-
-
You're next to Rapunzel in a fancy dress while king Frederick gives his Christmas speech. Varian is stood with his dad and Eugene.

"Today, we gather as one big family not only to celebrate around the Christmas tree but also to welcome a new family member to the royals." King Frederick looks at you with a smile as Rapunzel pushes you lightly towards him.

"As we all know, today is a day of family and friends, So were welcoming a very special person to the family. "

You zone out Frederick continues to ramble about what Christmas means.

Suddenly you can see images in your head, almost like Déjà vu of Quirin in something orange. Pictures keep coming into your head, machines like automatons? That's until you see what looks like Varian in handcuffs in a cell?

You shake your head panicked and look around to see everyone cheering and going around Christmas stalls.

Varian walks up to you, "Hey, wanna go around some stalls? This year everyone who wants to can come to the castle for Christmas dinner!"

Varian notices you shaking, "Are you okay? You know what? let's get inside and get a seat before they're all taken."

You decide not to tell him what you just saw, "Alright..."

Varian wraps his arm around you and you both walk into the hall.

-
-
-
You both get to the hall and see families gathering around tables tucking into Christmas dinners.

Your mind is in your own world when you suddenly get dragged by Varian to your friends.

"There you two are! Tuck in this food is amazing!" Eugene says while stuffing his face.

Varian runs over to the spare seats and pulls one out, "Milady?" He smirks playfully.

"Thank you, Sir genius." You sit down.

Rapunzel starts squealing again.

"Is this what we're going to get all the time?" You click your fingers trying to get her attention.

She smiles sheepishly, "Sorry, you two are just so cute!"

You and Varian look at each other then look back, "We know you've told us millions of times already." You giggle.

"Well, it's true!" Rapunzel pouts.

-
-
-
-
A few hours have passed most people have left for they're own traditions or to go to the dance in the town square.