Chapter 47 - Challenge of the brave

A week before:

Cass and Eugene are sword fighting.

You and Varian decide to go watch them

"Woah! You two are so amazing!" Varian watches in amazement.

"Can I try?" You ask.

"Uh, are you sure you can do it (__)?" Varian asks.

"What do you mean by that, Varian?" You're slightly annoyed by what he just said.

"It's just they're a lot stronger than you-"

You interrupt him, "I can handle myself, you know! Like with the Stabbington brothers, I handled them pretty well."

"Didn't one of them throw you to the ground and hurt you?"

"Okay, what about Lady Caine!?"

"Didn't she throw you as well?"

"S-so? What does any of this prove?" You cross your arms and huff.

"(__), just admit they're stronger than you."

"There's nothing to admit! I'm just as strong as them." You pout.

"Yeah, yeah (__) you know your stubbornness gets the better of you sometimes..."

"Ugh, I'm going to Monty's sweet shop I'll get you guys something..." you walk off annoyed with Leo perched on your shoulder.

"(__)! Wait, come back!" Varian shouts but you ignore him.

"It's not fair Leo, I try to prove I'm just as strong and I'm left waiting in the wings!" You complain.

"Challenge of the Brave? Looks like some kind of tournament." You overhear a woman say.

"Not just any tournament. I hear the fiercest fighters from all over are coming to compete!" A man says which gets your attention.

"Whoa! Let me tell you, whoever walks away champ will have earned the respect of every warrior in the seven kingdoms."

You run over to the poster, "What ya say, Leo? Then I can prove to Varian that I'm better than Cass and Eugene!" You smile.

Leo tweets shaking his head, "C'mon Leo it might be dangerous but I've been in worse situations! ...I'm doing it."

Present-day

Tents are littered around the fighting arena this was it now, no backing down. Some people were already knocked out since fights are already happening before the challenges begin.

"(__)." You turn around to see Queen Ariana behind you.

"Oh, hello Ariana. What are you doing here? " You smile.

"Can I borrow you for a few minutes?" She takes you to an unoccupied tent.

She sits down on a chair, "Some of your Ruffian friends have informed me you're competing."

"Already? I told them yesterday afternoon! They're worse than the girls in the castle..." you mumble.

"(__), are you trying to prove yourself to someone?" Queen Ariana asks.

"N-no! Okay yes, I'm trying to prove to Varian I'm stronger than Eugene and Cass..." you cross your arms and turn away from her.

"Sweetie you don't have to prove anything to anyone, you've proved yourself more than everyone I know." She puts her hand on your shoulder.

You turn around, "really?"

Ariana nods, "Of course, you remind me of My sister and I when we went out there and competed. Unfortunately, I lost when I protected my sister from getting crushed."