Chapter 22 - A dream come true

You told Quirin and Varian all the stuff you've been up to while at the castle and some adventures you got up to while being a criminal and Varian tells you all the stuff he's been up to. Quirin listens but doesn't say much.

"Wait, so do you know Flynn Rider?!" Varian stares at you excitedly.

"Uhm- yeah I do he was like a brother to me." You explain. This is when Quirin really listens in.

"If it wasn't for him I would be either still stealing or in a dungeon somewhere." Varian is still in shock.

"Why didnt you tell me you knew him?!" He asks impatiently.

"Well, I didn't want anyone knowing I was in Corona or him getting caught since he saved my life." You sigh.

"Do you know where he is now?" Quirin asks.

"No, I lost contact with him after he help me get out of my old life." You sigh.

"I would do anything to tell him how thankful I am of him."

"But (___), hes a theif!" Quirin looks at you.

You raise a brow, "Have you forgotten what I was doing before I got to Corona? Anyone can change they just need a help by someone to pull you in the right direction..." you look at Varian and smile.

Varian smiles too while his dad is in shock that he just got schooled by a teenager.

After dinner Varian drags you up to his lab.

You accidentally step on a trip wire causing pink gunk to stuck your feet to the ground.

"Varian! Is this what you wanted to show me?" Your slightly annoyed but you cant stay annoyed at his puppy eyes.

"Well yes, but no! We were going to wait for a raccoon to show up but you've dont the job for me!" he chuckles.

You laugh, "So how do I get out of this?" You ask.

"Well... uhm... I haven't quite figured everything out yet... I need one more ingredient!" You look at him then remember the stuff Xavier gave you.

"Here mix some of this in with yours it should work to make the gunk disappear." You pass him the salt shaker.

"Thanks!" He mixes some of the two powders together causing them to shine brighter and more golden.

He sprinkles some on the pink gunk and it dissolves. "It actually worked!!" That's so spell binding!" Varians look on his face made you blush.

"Well now we know how that works we should get in with some other projects!" Varian runs over to some other projects you follow laughing you haven't laughed so much in such a long time.

-
-
-
-
-

A few hours have passed and you and Varian were  now sleepy.

Quirin walks into the lab."Okay you two time for bed."

"But dad! We still have loads to catch up on! We only have tonight!" Varian yawns while talking.

Quirin smiles, "who says you only have tonight?"

You and Varian look at each other confused.
"But you said-" Quirin cuts you off.

"No, I said you can sleepover tonight, the King and Queen have decided it's safe for you two to around each other again. So yes Varian that means you can go to the Castle with (___), as long as your back at night."

You and Varian squeal in excitement.

"Now will you go to bed?" Quirin asks.

You both nod and walk to yours and Varians bedroom.

Quirin smiles, "Good night you two."

"Night dad." Varian replies.

You Look look down to see Varian and Ruddiger snuggled up to each other asleep.

Leo made a nest up on you pillow and has fallen asleep too. "Night Leo.." you gently pet his head.

"Night Varian." You say not expecting a reply.

"Night (___)" you here Varian mumble in his sleep.

It felt so good to finally hear that from him. You felt at home. Even if you still live at the castle and you appreciate everything the King and Queen have done for you, Being with Varian was the only thing that made you feel at home. And that was the only thing you wanted a year or two ago.