Chapter 4 - A breakfast to die for

You wake up the next day feeling so much better than you did the day before. You sit up stretching your arms out before getting out of bed. You smell something amazing and walk out of the door and follow the smell.

Finally, you get to the kitchen and see Quirin and Varian in the kitchen.

"(___)!!!! You're awake!" He runs up and hugs you. He then goes red in embarrassment.

"Hey, Varian." You giggle though in the inside you were questioning why this kid is hugging you.

I suppose you gotta be nice?

He runs to the kitchen table and pulls out a chair, "Milady?" You giggle slightly since he's being such a gentleman.

"Thank you, Varian." You sit down and Varian sits down next to you While Quirin plates some eggs and bacon. Quirin sits down while passing two plates over to you two. You nod your head as a thank you.

"So... What are you going to do today?" You all start to finish your breakfasts. You finished pretty quickly since it was the first meal you've had in a while.

"Well, I'm going to be out today but you and Varian can do what you like-" Quirin stops talking when he sees that Varian is about to explode with excitement.

"Really!?!? Cmon (___)! Let's go I wanna show you all my experiments!!" He grabs your arm with the bandage on and you yelp.

He smiles sheepishly, "sorry." He grabs your other arm and runs off upstairs. You laugh even though your arm still hurt.

" If you go outside be back before night!"

"Okay, dad!" Varian shouts back.

Quirin smiles at you two running up the stairs then walks out the door to start his work in the village.