chapter 89 - The Alchemist returns

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The Alchemist returns

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Varian is working In his lab, "If I get this to work the NO ONE will ignore us again!" He chuckles evilly.

Ruddiger cowers under Varian's desk.

"I mean, I don't have to tell the girls all of my plans... Just the 'main' part..." Once again he laughs.

A bell dings.

"Oooo! My cookies are done!" He chuckles then skips over to get them out of the oven.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Meanwhile with you and Sophie

Your in Varian's room playing cards with Sophie.

"Can you smell cookies?" You sniffed.

Sophie sniffs too then gets excited, "Varian must be making them C'mon!"

She drags you out if the room.

You go to the kitchen, but the smell wasn't coming from there.

"Is it coming from his lab?" Sophie asks.

"I think so... what a strange place to make cookies..."

You both walk up to his lab, you try to open the door but it's locked.

"Since when did this door have a lock?" You ask.

Sophie shrugs then knocks.

The door opens slightly and Varian peeks his head through, "Yes?"

You raise a brow, "Are you making cookies in your lab?"

Varian stares blankly then chuckles, "Uh... Yeah! Weird right? I just thought they would... taste better made in here! Nothing to worry about."

He thinks for a second then closes the door. He comes back and hands you both one, "Here, I'm nearly done, might as well try it. I'll be out soon!" He kisses your forehead then slams the door, locking it again.

You both hold the purple cookies in confusion then Sophie shrugs taking a bite.

You take a small bite and it seems normal.

You both finish the cookies and you sigh looking at the lab.

You jump when Varian comes out. "Hey, were going to see the princess."

"Are you sure it's safe to go out?" You ask worriedly.

Varian strokes the side of your face, "I'm sure." He smiles then fixes his bag. "Now C'mon, let's take the underground caverns."

"Underground tunnels? You're saying some caverns lead to the town?" Sophie asks.

"Yep," Varian replies.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

In the caverns, you can only hear Ruddiger and Ash chasing each other while Leo is perched on your shoulder.