Chapter 21 - A brighter life ahead

You and Quirin are now in Old Corona. Everything looks the same almost like you never went away. Apart from now people know about your thieving past and some people hated you for it but it didn't bother you.

Quirin smiles when he sees your face light up.

"Hey, Varian Ruddiger is behind you!" You shout and laugh.

"Ruddiger get out of here!" He chases him around the river.

"Thanks (___)-" He falls into the river."(___)!!! He climbs out of the river and runs over to you.

He lifts you off Sebastian and hugs you. Varian is now taller than you. You've grown too but it seems Varian has hit a growth spurt.

You didn't care that he was soaked you were happy that you two were back together.

Quirin has now walked into the house to start dinner.

"Hey... V... I've missed you too but u can let go now I'm not going anywhere." You giggle at him.

Varian blushes, "oh yeah right." He laughs with you.

You start to walk over to the stables with Sebastian, and Varian runs to catch up.

"Sooo... a horse and a bird now?" Varian smiles. "Where is Leo?"

Leo comes flying into the stable and lands on Varian's goggles.

"Spoken too soon..." you giggle and Varian and Leo being two cuties.

You and Varian walk out of the stables to walk back to the house.

"Hey, there are so many new things I have to show you!" Varian drags you to his bedroom.

"My dad made bunk beds for us!"Before Varian could say anything you shout,

"I call top bunk!" You climb up the ladder to the top.

"Hey! why do you get top bunk?!"

You laugh while hanging upside down by your legs. "Because you're a gentleman." You smirk.

Varian pouts but smiles after.

Suddenly your leg slips off the bed when you laughed too much, "Ahhhh- huh?" Varian caught you from falling. He puts you down and you both blush.

"Thanks, Sir Genius," you giggle.

"You mean, Varian the great and powerful Alchemist!" He stands with his hands on his hips looking heroic.

"Hmm... how about we change to something new... Varian the kind-hearted Alchemist!" You boop his nose.

"Well if it's for you I suppose." He rubs his nose.

"Dinner!" You hear from the kitchen.

"Please be ham sandwiches... Please be ham sandwiches..." you hear Varian whisper which makes you laugh.