Chapter 45 - a huge disaster

You and Varian take Eugene down the ladders. You light a lantern and pass it to Varian.

"Why thank you, Milady." he bows.

You roll your eyes playfully "Of course, Sir Genius."

Varian chuckles, "Now if my dad knew we were down here he would kill me, but if he actually knew what (__) and I have done down here he would be impressed."

"Or at least we hope he would be impressed, I haven't exactly been Quirin's good side lately" you laugh awkwardly and continue walking.

Varian catches up to you and Eugene stands still, "I don't get it."

"Through the miracle of alchemy-"

"NOT Magic!" Varian adds.

You giggle, "Varian has found a way to heat this massive tank of water!"

"Yes and with just a single drop of my newest compound." his eyes widened, "Which ill call Flynnolium!!!"

"I still don't get it."

You sigh, "Were going to surprise the village by bringing the people hot running water!"

Varian nods, "We've constructed five of these babies through the caverns.

A strange noise comes from the machine.

"Wait, wait, these tremors... Your machines are causing them?"

While Eugene and Varian are talking you tidy away some chemicals so they don't get spilt.

"No, No, no. Our machines aren't causing them the chemical reactions they trigger do." Varian drops some Flynnolium into the barrel causing a poof of red smoke to come out.

"And no-one else knows you're doing this? Okay, listen kiddo's I'm no expert in... whatever this is, but anything that can cause earthquakes cannot be safe. We've gotta warn people about this."

"No! We can't! Okay? You gave me your word, you'd keep this a secret! (__) has kept it so I'm sure you can! And besides, I am an expert and this is all perfectly safe!"

A bolt shoots out of the machine.

Varian laughs nervously, "Yeah, it does that all the time!"

"We should get out of here." you're becoming nervous.

"There's nothing to be scared of (__), but yeah we should get back the machine should nearly be done with Rapunzel." You all walk back to the lab.

"Team awesome is Baa-aack! Now Rapunzel I know my tests have been a pain in the hm-hm." he puts down the press.

"Aw, I wouldn't say pain..."

She gets an electric shock from the machine, "Now... I would."

"In a moment, this little guy... will give us all the answers we want!"

"Woo hoo answers!"

You walk over to Varian, "Are you sure those machines are safe? I've got a bad feeling..."

Varian interrupts you, "(__), Trust me, it'll be fine." he puts his hands on your shoulders.

"Of course I trust you, I trust you more than I trust myself." You hug him.

You fall to the floor when the lab rumbles.

"Uhh, Look Raps we need to go now!" Eugene looks more panicked than you are.

"Now? Your kidding right? This is almost finished."

Eugene mutters to you and Varian. "Can we talk?"