Chapter 17 - time flies by...

Its nearly been a whole year since you've been staying at the castle.
Cass and you are extremely close to the point you are sisters, Of course, though that still doesn't mean you don't argue with each other.

Queen Ariana has taken the role as a mother for you and now goes horse riding with you,( that she and Cass taught you to do).

A few months after you settled into the castle, You were even allowed to go out of the castle by yourself. Even If you could go anywhere in the Kingdom there were only three places you went (and for one place you tried to go)

Of course, you would go to Uncle Montys to get some candy and bring some back for Cass.

Ever so often you would try to get to Old Corona but would get stopped by guards who guard the bridge and taken back to the castle to be imprisoned in your room. On the good side though you got to know the two guards that were with you when you first got in trouble with the royals.

Stan and Pete, you could almost do anything and wouldn't get in trouble with these guards. Plus it was pretty funny when they would get into their childish fights and then after a few minutes of not talking they were suddenly best friends again. You sometimes would try and annoy them by sticking your hand out of door and Pete would use his weapon to push it back. "Nope" or "Nooo" this is all you would here for hours until the Queen came to brush your hair and tuck you into bed or you would start arguments off, for example, saying "Ham sandwiches are better than Cheese". That one was the argument of the century!

The second place you go to is the snuggly duckling. These thugs took a liking to you especially when you brought Vlad a new unicorn. You would spend most of your time here and you felt welcome.

The King and Queen decided it would be best for you to have lessons at the castle for as you are smarter than the rest of the kids your age group plus they don't want you to "run-off" They got Xavier to teach you most of your subjects apart from music that hook hand taught you and Atilla teaches you baking.

In your spare time, Cass teaches your how to sword fight which is an awesome advantage for you when you and Cass sneak out of the Castle about once a week on a night.

For you and Varian? Well, you two are still extremely close even if your far away from each other. For nearly the whole year you and Varian would send letters to each other and Leo and the raccoon, which Varian has decided to call Ruddiger, keeps getting into Varian's house so they can deliver two both destinations.

Soon will be the princess 18th birthday. Last year never seemed as magical as the one you spent with Varian and Quirin. But maybe this year it will change.

"(___)..."

"(___)!!" Cass shouts, "I swear we can never get your head out of that journal once you start writing." Cass smirks while you shut your journal.

"Cmon, you have a lesson with Xavier."

"Please say it's not history again..." you groan.

Cass is going through your closet to find you an outfit. "I'm not sure but I know after the Queen wants to know if you want to go on a horse ride after." She throws an outfit at you and smirks.

"Is there something with pants? I'm getting tired of dresses..." you mumble.

"This would be great for when we sneak out." She smiles.

She throws the outfit that you came to the castle in. You pout, "can you stop throwing my clothes at me?!"

Cass smirks "sorry not sorry"

You roll your eyes and go behind the divider to get changed.

After a few minutes, you come out of the divider and go to the mirror. "Finally my old outfit back." You sigh in relief.

You see Cass reading your journal.

"Hey!" You try to grab your journal but she holds it up in the air.

After a few minutes of teasing you, she gives the journal back.

"Why do you write you instead of I?" Cass asks curiously.

"Well one day I'm gonna read this again so maybe I could feel like I'm Thirteen again." You explain.

"You have a weird way of thinking... I like it. Wait your 13 now?! You didn't tell us." Cass puts her arm around you.

"Yeah, last week." you giggle.

"Cmon let's go get you to the library." You and Cass walk down the hall to go to the library.

You walk in to see Xavier sat on a table smiling at you. "Hello again (___), are you excited for-" Cass cuts him off.

"Its a surprise."

"What's a surprise?!" You ask instantly.

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you would it?" She smiles and punches your arm lightly.

"Well, I have some duties to attend cya later kid." You smile and rub your arm while she walks out.

"I can see you and Cassandra have a close relationship hm?" Xavier sits there going through all the plans for today's lesson.

"Yeah, she's like my sister." You smile and walk over to sit next to Xavier.

You change the subject. "Please say we're not doing history today? Why do I need to know stuff about the past when I'm living in the present?"

Xavier chuckles.

"What's so funny," you ask confused.

"You sound just like Cassandra when she was young." He smiles at you.

"Really?" You smile back.

"Yes, now let's get on with the lesson."
He goes through his plans.

"How about today we do something more fun. Potion making." He chuckles, even more, when he sees your face light up.
-
-
-
About half an hour has past when you hear a knock on the library door.

"Hey Xavier, can I borrow (___) for five minutes?" Cass stands at the door.

"Sure we were just going to take a break for ten minutes anyway." Xavier chuckles.

You walk over to Cass as she puts an arm around you "Cmon I have something for you."

"Is it the surprise?!" You ask impatiently

"If I say yes will you stop asking!?" she sounds irritated.

You nod.

"Good," she opens her bedroom door.

"You've gotten good at fighting so I wanted to give you this." She hands you her sword.

"Woah Cass!" You hug her, "Thank you so much!"

She smiles, "No problem kid, just promise me you will only use it if were practising or you have to, okay?"

"I promise." Cass puts the sword in its cover than attaches it to your belt.

"There..." she smiles when you look so excited.

"What about you Cass?" You question.

"Well..." she opens her closet, "when you dads the captain of the guard you tend to collect stuff." She closes it again.

"Let's take you back to Xavier."