Chapter 35 - the night after the welcoming ceremony

You decided after the Welcoming ceremony, to get changed into the other dress and to stick around with Cass, it kept your mind off everything that was going on and you didn't mind helping her with her duties.

It was night and you hadn't seen Rapunzel since lunch. "Hey, uh Cass have you seen Rapunzel? I haven't seen her in ages."

"Uhh no but I have an idea. C'mon, let's go get her shes got a  nice day tomorrow morning." She puts her arm around you and you both start walking to the docks.

After a few minutes, you and Cass get to the docks and see Rapunzel and Eugene taking in a boat.

Cass puts her finger up to her mouth signalling to be quiet and she sneaks up on them.

"Time to go!!"

Eugene falls into the water and Cass smirks.

"How's the water feeling Fitzherbert?" She says with a smirk.

"Dark... and icy... just like you." He says while still in the water.

"Was that necessary Cass?" You ask with a raised brow.

"No, but it was fun. Come on, Rapunzel, it's time to head in. You don't want to be exhausted for tomorrow." Shes still smirks.

"Oh yeah, my morning off!" Rapunzel kisses Eugene's head before climbing off the boat.

Cass and Rapunzel walk back to the castle while you help Eugene out.

"Man, she scares me." He's still panting for breath.

"So, have you thought about what I said?" You ask.

"Uhm, sure! Of course, I have!" He smiles sheepishly.

"Seriously Eugene please let her have Time before proposing to her."

"Alright! Alright, I'll give her time. You know you're getting just as scary as Cassandra." He starts walking with you back to the castle.

You smile, "Well, we're like sisters. What do ya expect?"

You jump on his back and pull on his ears, "But I'm still like my big bro." You laugh.

"Ow, ow, alright kid!" He chuckles and lets you on his back for a piggyback ride.

"Just this once... lil' sis." He smiles.

"Oh, we'll see!" You smile back that's the first time he's ever called you his little sister.

-
-
-
-
-
You and Eugene are finally back at the castle and Leo caught up to you on the way back and perched on your shoulder.

"Here you go kid, back at your bedroom." He puts you down.

"Thanks, Eugene. I'll see you tomorrow morning!" he smiles and shuts the door.

After a few minutes, you get changed and get your dress to dry out for tomorrow morning.

You hear a knock on the door. "Come in."

It's Queen Ariana, "Hey, I just wanted to see if you're alright after what happened with the Duchess of Quintonia."

You sigh, "Yeah I'm fine..." you let Leo get on your bed.

Ariana gets your hairbrush and sits on your bed like usual, "You know I've gotta say you handled it pretty well."

You smile at her, "Thanks."

She starts brushing your hair, "Also Frederick asked her if she can not bring up your theif name and to call you Lady (__)."

"Thank you, Ariana." You get into bed.

"You're welcome... Now have  a good night's rest." She gets off your bed and walks to the door. "Good night."

You lay in the bed awake. Something isn't right with that dutches and hopefully, you're going to find out.

But right now,  the only thing that going to happen is sleep.