chapter 42 - So I'll try

“(__), are you okay?” you see Eugene sitting on your bed looking concerned.

You quickly sit up and hug him.

“Woah! What's the matter with you kid? You were screaming in your sleep and the white stripe was glowing.” Eugene puts arms around you for comfort.

-
-
-
You told everything to Eugene.

“Wait, your dream was a memory of your mother?” He looks at you confused.

“Well, yeah… but you don't understand it was the last time I saw her before my parents took me to the orphanage…” 

It was silent, Leo had come on your shoulder to comfort you.

“Look… I know it must upset you what happened and having to see all of that again must have been awful, but maybe you should listen to what your mother said back then.” He looks at you with a smile.

You're confused, “What do you mean?” 

“Well you’ve gotta look on the bright side, yes you might have lost your mother and father and you don’t know what happened to them, but if that didn’t happen you wouldn't have known me, Blondie, the Icey cold CassAndra and your friend you always talk about.” He stands up.

“You're right… Besides, you all are my family anyway I couldn't ask for more.” you smile and stand up.

“That's the spirit! Now how about we go meet Rapunzel for breakfast, then you can go to find that friend of yours.” 

“Okay, I'll meet you down there.” You say while going to your closet to get changed.

“Alright, but just tell someone if you have any more of those memory dreams.” He walks to the door.

“I will.” you grab your clothes and go behind the divider.

-
-
-
-
You have had breakfast with Eugene and Rapunzel and you're just getting into Old Corona with Sebastian and Leo.

“(__)!! You're here finally!” Varian runs down the steps.

“Of course I'm here, there's no place I would rather be.” You smile when he helps you off Sebastian. 

“Good, because there's something I need to show you!” He grabs your hand to run with him but you stop.

“Varian wait! I need to put Sebastian in the stable!” You giggle. 

“Oh, yeah right.” He goes red and rubs the back of his head.

You take Sebastian to the stables, “Okay now we can go-” Varian pulls you to his lab.

“When you told me about your hair with the rocks I wanted to check what that stripe is in your hair was made of soooo… here it is!” Varian shows you the machine.

“V, I told you yesterday about my hair, did you get any sleep last night?” You cross your arms.

“Uh, maybe? Okay! Okay, I didn't but in my defence sleep is a weakness and I have no weaknesses.” He poses like a hero. 

“Alright, Mr, no weakness why are you yawning right now?” You smirk.

“Because I'm tired, what do you expect- Oh…” 

You burst out laughing.

Varian pouts, “Alright laugh all you want but I'm the one whos gonna figure out why your hair glows so c’mon!”

Varian hooks you up to the machine, “Let's test this baby out!”

You start spinning around in every direction until a cloud of smoke comes out of the machine causing it to break with you upside down.