Chapter 36 - why so early?

LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!

You feel something drop on your face, “Ugh not yet... it's too early!”

You hear loud tweets and Leo jumping on your face.

“Alright! I'm up! What's the matter, Leo?”

Leo drops a scroll in your palms.

“A scroll from who?” You're still half asleep and forgot that Leo can't tell you.

You open up the scroll, “It's from Varian...”

---------------------------------------------------------
Dear (__),

I need you to meet me at old Corona as soon as you receive this scroll.

I've made three machines that might change the way of life for everybody in Corona!

But I need your help to make two more.

Meet me at the old Corona bridge!

            From your bestie Varian

---------------------------------------------------------

“Well buddy, it's time to escape for a few hours. Can you go get Sebastian? If we want to meet Raps in the town before the royal banquet he's our strongest chance.” You pet his head gently.

Leo nods and flies out the window to get Sebastian.

You get changed. Luckily that blue dress had dried from last night so you could wear it.

The only concern was what if someone comes to wake you up and sees your missing?

You grab two cushions and put them under your blanket that will distract them for now, besides its super early and how long were you going to be it's just for a few hours.

You get out of the castle with no patrols seeing you and run to find Leo and Sebastian.

You hear hooves and a bird tweeting and you follow the noise to find them looking for you.

“Psst! Leo! Sebastian over here!” You whisper. They both come to you.

“Hey, you two! We've gotta go to old Corona before everyone wakes up in the castle, got it?” You hop onto Sebastian.

“Fast as you can to the old Corona bridge!” As soon as you said that, Sebastian goes as quick as he can while Leo takes off in the sky to look out for any guards.

A usual few hour trip had cut down to a half an hour by how quick Sebastian can go he truly is incredible.

You see, Varian standing by the bridge with Ruddiger. “Hey (__) I'm so glad you could make it!”

Sebastian slows down to let you off, “Hey, what's so huge that I had to come  right away?”

Varian helps you off Sebastian, “Well, I've made machines that could produce hot running water!”

“Really?! You've gotta show me!” You get excited.

“Okay, okay, but you've gotta promise me you won't tell anybody what I'm doing or tell my dad where were going.” He looks at you with those big blue puppy eyes.

“I promise Varian.” You smile.

“Good now let's make a move before we wake up the village.” He grabs your hand for you to run with him to underground tunnels.

“V, does anyone know what you're doing down here?” You ask while Varian grabs a lantern.

“Uhm, no but that's why you've got to keep this secret. My dad would kill me if he found out we were down here, but if he saw what we're doing, it would impress him.” He glances down.