Chapter 46 - Rapunzel's enemy

A few days have passed since the accident in Old Corona and things are back to normal, almost like nothing happened! One thing that has changed is Varian's interests... he's more interested in Cass and how to impress her, yet she's rejected him so many times already... in a FEW days at least he's consistent?

"(__)! C'mon it's time to get ready for the gopher grab!" Cass shuts your journal.

"Can you stop doing that? It makes the pages smudge!" You get up from your desk.

"If I didn't we would never get you out of it! Anyway cheer up, maybe Varian might be here." She smirks.

"Uh, I doubt, he'll be working on a project. If he isn't here, can I hang out with you today?" You ask.

"Sure, but don't you want to join in?"

"Uhm, Nah I'm fine." You smile.

Leo flies in, "Hey Leo! Is Varian here?"

Leo shakes his head.

"So can I stay with you Cass?" You plead.

"Alright, let's go to the welcoming ceremony then get Gregorio ready for his big day." You and Cass walk to the crowds to see the 500th gopher grab ceremony.

You get into the crowd just in time for king Fredrick to speak, "We have much to celebrate during this year's Goodwill Gopher Grab. Not only is it the 500th anniversary but we commemorate this, Princess Rapunzel's very first festival."

"To mark this joyous event, our princess has redesigned the Gopher grab seal of goodwill." King Fredrick reveals the new Seal.

Everyone cheers,

"Aw thank you! Aw your all too kind." Rapunzel smiles.

"BOOOO!" a man in the crowd shouts.

"Uh, Oh..." you say looking around for the person who booed

"C'mon kid, we should get going to get Gregorio ready." Cass puts her hand on your shoulder.

"Alright." You smile and follow her to the tent.

-
-
-
-
You get to the tent with Cass to help with the Gopher.

Rapunzel and Eugene walk in the tent, "Hey- Uh... Cass... what does it mean for someone to boo you?"

Eugene goes over to a chair and sits down.

"It means someone hates you." She says bluntly.

"Way to candy-coat it, Cassandra." Eugene swings on his chair

Raps looks shocked, "Why wouldn't someone like me? What could I have done to this person?"

"Rapunzel, who cares? Not everyone has to like you. That's part of life."

Cass picks up the gopher, "Eugene's right. Someone could not like you for any number of reasons. For instance, maybe you have a stupid goatee that makes you look ridiculous, and someone might not like you for that."

"You know, Cassandra, it's a little hard to take your insults seriously when you're holding that thing." Eugene points to the gopher.

"This thing is important. Gregorio the Goodwill Gopher represents half a millennium of honor and tradition throughout this kingdom." Cass bushes the gopher.

"We're still talking about the rat, right?"

"Gopher! For your information, the Gopher Grab is a Corona institution. I was entrusted as the mascot's caretaker because it is a mark of hallowed esteem."