Chapter 5 - Varian's lab

"Welcome to my lab! this is where all my ideas come to life!!" Varian laughs at himself.

The lab looks slightly empty yet cluttered with old books and paper at the same time. Varian runs to a chair and pulls it out, "Would you like to sit Milady?" He chuckles.

"Why thank you, sir." You say playfully.

Varian blushes a bit and glances at your arm that is bandaged up. "Hey, why don't I get you a clean bandage then you can tell me about yourself and ill tell you stuff about me!" He smiles "Here why don't you look at some of the projects in my books? Maybe you can help me with them one day!!" You smile at Varian while he runs to get some new bandages.

While he's gone, you look at his books, the books are full of drawings and writing. It inspires you how hard Varian works in this lab.

You look around and see the whole collection of Flynn Rider books. You heard Flynn talking about these all the time and it makes you giggle. Though you weren't going to tell anyone you know Flynn for his safety.

Varian runs back in after about five minutes of being gone. "Sorry I was gone for so long, my dad wanted to ask if you were okay and I was looking after you..." He blushes slightly and rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry (___) It's just weird anyone being in here except me."

"Hey, Varian, why don't we go on a walk? Then we can come back and meet your dad again." You smile warmly at Varian.

"Sure, but first let's get that arm cleaned up it looks like something that came out of a horror book." He smiles back

Varian takes off the bandage to see a deep sword cut on your arm. "Ouch... that's... gotta hurt..." Varian looks away quickly before turning back and cleaning up the wound. You try to keep tears from rolling down your face and you yelp a bit. "Sorry (___), I don't want to hurt you." He smiles and carries on cleaning your arm then puts a new bandage on.

"Thank you, Varian..." You smile, "Wait sorry I said it wrong... Thank you Varian the great and powerful alchemist" You try and imitate him from last night.

Varian pouts, "I don't sound like that!" he smiles

"Okay Mr Genius" You smile and walk out of the lab door.

"She called me a genius!" He smiles and chases after you.