chapter 19 - A race to remember

You're finally at the stables and see Cass and Queen Ariana with three horses.
Max, Fidella and Sebastian.

Sebastian is the horse you learnt to ride on, at this point you class him as yours even though he belongs to the guards.

"You ready (___)?" Asks Cass.

You get onto Sebastian.

"Of course! Where are we going?" You question.

The Queen smiles, "Well we wanted to test how well your agility is on a horse. What do you think is the best way for that Cassandra?"

Cass smirks, "The best way is through the forest then to the wall of Corona. You need extreme concentration to keep control."

Your eyes widen in excitement.

"So a race between us three?" You ask.

"Why don't we add a twist to it?" The Queen smirks, it was weird seeing her smirk since her smile is always so motherly.

"What's that, your majesty?" Cassandra asks curiously.

"Let's ask the guards to chase us, of course, we have a slight head start. If you get caught by a guard you're out of the race." Now Cass' face lights up in excitement.

"I'll get some guards I'll meet you at the edge of the forest." The Queen rides off with Fiddella.

"Race you to the forest!" You shoot off with Sebastian going as fast as he can and Leo showing you the way in the sky.

"Hey! Wait up!" Cass gets max to go his fastest to catch up.
-
-
-
-
You sit on Sebastian waiting for Cass arrive with Max.

"Good job boy!" You pat his head when Leo perches on your shoulder.

Cass finally arrives, "so the slow coaches Finally arrive huh?" You laugh when Cass' looks annoyed.

"Oh, come on Cass! stop being a sore loser!" Max walks over and nudges your satchel.

"Okay, okay!" You take the apple out of your satchel and cut the apple in half the way Cass taught you with your sword.

"Nice one kid!" Cass compliments you.

You blush slightly, "Thanks, Cass."

You give half an apple each to the horses When Leo tweets, "Don't worry Leo I haven't forgotten about you." You grab a small box out of your satchel," some pumpkin seeds for the special bluebird!" You smile.

Now the Queen has arrived with some guards and their horses. " You guys ready?" The Queen asks.

You and Cass nod while getting into a line ready for the race. "Three, two, one... GO!"

And with that, all three of you shoot off into the forest

You have control over Sebastian, just in front of you is Cass while you and Queen Ariana are tieing behind

With eyes in the sky and an incredible horse, there was no chance of letting Cass beat you. And since owl wasn't here you had the advantage.

You take a different turn from Cass and Queen Ariana, You could now see Leo in front of you.

"C'mon Sebastian! Fast as you can!" You Look behind and see two guards behind you. "Leo find a shortcut to the wall!" He tweets and shoots off like an arrow.

After a minute Leo comes back to show you a shortcut. The shortcut wasn't even on the path it was between the forest trees. "Wasnt there a shortcut and a safe one?" You ask while dodging the trees, Leo shakes his head.

This slows the Guards down and even knocks one off their horse. The only one following you now was the Captain.

You start to see a clearing of the forest the only but left was straight towards the wall.

You see a figure standing on the wall, they seemed familiar. The closer you got the more you realise who it is...

Quirin.