Chapter 48 - Let the challenge begin

One contestant tries the gauntlet but gets thrown into the air.

Cass sighs, "Look guys are you sure you want to do this?"

"Of course I do, it's time to prove a point." You look at the gauntlet determined.

"But you don't NEED to prove a point you have everyone's respect wrapped around you!" Cass shouts but you ignore her.

"Next up for The Gauntlet, Cassandra!"

Cass easily gets through.

"Now it's time for Starlight striker!"

You walk over to the gauntlet nervously, "Well here goes nothing..."

You run as fast as you can dodging each hammer.

"I did it!" You whisper proudly of yourself.

You can hear people clapping and cheering.

Cass looks at you shocked, "Pffft! That's just good luck!"

You roll your eyes and wait for Rapunzel.

"Next up, Princess Rapunzel!"

Rapunzel closes her eyes, focusing on the hammers’ sounds and rhythm. Then dances her way to the other side.

"What the hay..." you stand there in shock."Woah, now that's impressive..."

The audience chants Rapunzel's name.

Cass walks away, annoyed.

You roll your eyes at her again and go to see Rapunzel.

"Well, that's one way to get over." You giggle, "Ready for the next challenge?"

"Yep!" She says while running over to Cass, "Cassandra, did you see that? I told you I could handle myself."

Cass rolls her eyes, "Nice dance, Rapunzel"

"Uh, thanks?" Rapunzel replies confused.

"Not sure that routine will do much good against Wreck in the Dead Man's Circle."

You turn around to see wreck walking through the hammers all if them smashing as he walks past.

"But, hey, maybe you'll both get lucky again."

She walks away.

"That wasn't luck!!" You shout. "C'mon let's just get into line..."

"Challengers! Prepare for the next event!"

-
-
-
-
A few events have passed, slowly creeping up the scoreboard with Cass in fourth, you in third, Rapunzel in second and wreck in first.

"Do you even know the rules? Aren't shoes required for the Log Roll? And how old are you supposed to be to enter this competition!? Ugh, somebody check the Rulebook of the Brave!"

She shouts to the competitors, "Guys! Am I the only one that has a problem with this? The princess and the kid are making a mockery of this competition!"

Hook foot goes up to Cass, "Hey, it's okay, kid. When you're mad, dance! Give that smile a se..."

Cass interrupts him, "Oh, go eat a turkey leg, Hook!"

Cass walks over to you and Rapunzel annoyed, "Okay, listen, guys, this has gone far enough. Let's call it a day."

You walk over to her, "Ha-ha. I will call it a day... the day I won the championship."

Rapunzel shouts, "Boom! Trash talk!"

You giggle at her which makes Cass madder.

"Let's see where you two  land after the Dead Man's Circle." She gets into your face again.