Chapter 57 - Uh oh...

You walk into the crowd and manage to get to the front.

Varian stands there nervously on stage. "Behold! The power of alchemy!"

The curtains shuffle and nothing happens. The audience laughs.

"Hey, where's the opening? Aha!"

Shorty enters on stage.

Your jaw drops, "Shorty? But Cass- oh." You see Cass next to Dr St Croix.

"Oh-ho! The power of ag, uh... of, uh, that guy! Go. Do the thing."

Varian clears his throat annoyed, he hasn't noticed you in the crowd.

"I give you, the Elemental Remogrifier!"

"Assistant?" Varian chuckles.

Shorty dumps a bag of sand inside the invention.

Varian calibers and starts his invention, which starts turning at high speed.

"The rotation causes friction, which heats the sand, while the counter-centrifigual force promotes particle compression. The end result?" He stops the machine, "Fifty pounds of sand turns into... this." He pulls out a purple crystal.

"I call this new element... ...Cassandrium."

You and Cass gasp. Shorty, dozing off, falls and causes a knife to be launched at St. Croix. Cassandra intercepts it mid-air.

"Despite its lack of flair and panache, I was almost inclined to give your device a mediocre assessment."

"Flair? What has that got to do with-" Varian gets interrupted.

"However, considering your assistant nearly lanced my nasal cavity, I've no choice but to disqualify you. Next!"

Varian walks off stage defeated.

"What you can't do that!" You jump on stage.

"Yes, I can I'm the judge!"

Varian comes back onto stage hearing your voice.

"Its not his fault his assistant messed up! You know if you come off your high horse once in a while you would see that your nothing but-"

Varian pulls you off the stage before you could say anything else.

"(__), you came to defend me?"

"Of course I did! I couldn't stand there watching him make a fool of you."  You brush your hand through his hair.

"Well, wanna watch the last contestant?" Varian smiles slightly as you both walk on the side of the stage to watch the last contestant.

"Everybody at this expo make some noise! This is the momensational moment you've all been waiting for. But first! I give you... chocolate!"

She launches chocolate at the crowd.

St. Croix catches one an eats it. "Now this is science!"

"Jaws, prepare to drop. Larynxes get ready to scream, and eyeballs, how about you take a good look around, because once I unveil my marveltacular creation, the world will never look the same! I give you... the Fantasphere!"

She activates her invention and the crystal ball starts floating on its own.

You and Varian look at each other before varian says, " but What does it do?

"Yeah apart from look cool." You cross your arms.

"Uh... The real question, kids, is, what doesn't it do? Now, here, have some chocolate and shut up." She throws you both some chocolate.