Chapter 74 - What do you mean would?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

What do you mean would?

(WARNING SINGING AHEAD AS WELL AS SOME TEA SPILLED)

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Atilla points to near to the fireplace.

Shorty is staring down at the ground, suddenly he starts floating up in the air.

Sophie quickly grabs onto you, she then realises then brushes it off trying to act tough.

"YOU HAVE DISTURBED MY SLUMBER!" Shorty's voice echoes in the pub, his eyes glowing bright green.

"I wish I could say this isn't like shorty, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was just him." You laugh nervously.

"If you don't listen up and note my words by dawn, you will be trapped here with me forever!"

You write down everything he said, making sure you don't miss a word.

"S-Shorty! Ruth? Who- Whoever you are! What do you want?" Rapunzel stutters.

"I want..."

"Yes?" Everyone replies.

"I want..."

Shorty slams into the floor, "A sardine Sammy! And a jug of pickle brine!"

You roll your eyes, "Well, there's shorty."

"Enough of this nonsense!" Captain growls.

"Captain? Didn't you hear? He says we have till dawn to figure out what Ruth wants! Otherwise, we're gonna be trapped in here forever!" Rapunzel explains.

"You gonna listen to him?! You realise he eats cheese on the floor!"

You cross your arms, "Yet he's being more logical then you right now."

"One man's floor is another man's plate!" Shorty eats cheese with a rat.

"The priority is to get these three out of this pub, and back to the castle as quickly as possible!" Captain starts barging into the door trying to open it.
"Anything we can use as a battering ram?"

"A battering ram isn't the answer!" You shout.

"We need to know more about ruth and the listen up club," Rapunzel adds.

The fire goes out.

"Well, they say she lived to terrify those around her." Big nose explains while lighting a candle. "And legend has it that peoples screams were music to her ears."

"The past isn't what it seems..." something brushes past your head.

Big nose continues, "And she would go on terrible rampages storming through the streets of Corona."

Leo hides in your hair, Ash has hidden her face into Sophie's arms.

Hook foot takes over the storytelling, "No one knew when she would strike next, all they knew is that she would disappear from the pub, and when she did, no man or beast were safe from the swing of her club."

Big nose takes over, "Afterwards she would go back to the pub, and etch a notch in her club. For every unlucky creature that got in her path."

"Then she would have dinner, a bowl full of slimy slugs!"

"I heard it were hairy spiders!"

"I heard it were both and she ate them alive!"

"And she didn't chew! She had horrible dinner manners."