Chapter 26 - A million dreams

WARNING SINGING AHEAD

You walk over to the stables, "Hey guys!"

Sebastian trots over to you with Leo on his head.

"Wanna come with me? I'm meeting Varian on top of the hill to watch the dance."

They both nod their heads, "Great!" You get on Sebastian, "Leo go to Varian, Fast as you can Sebastian!"

Suddenly he shoots off.
-
-
-
-
After a few minutes, Sebastian gets you up the hill to see Varian, Ruddiger and Leo all sitting on the grass. For some reason Ruddiger had little goggles on, I'm guessing Varian was sick of him stealing his.

"Hey, Varian." You smile and get off Sebastian.

"Hey! I almost thought you weren't coming back." Varian looks at the ground.

"Sorry Varian, that's why I got Leo to come so you wouldn't think I left." You giggle at Ruddiger and Leo chasing each other.

You sit next to Varian and he sighs," I'm sorry (___) but I couldn't hire a boat they've all been taken... so instead I bought you... some flowers..." Varian blushes.

You blush too, "Thank you, Varian, they're beautiful."

He sighs, "I wish it could always be like this."

"What do you mean?" You ask confused.

"Well, just me and you relaxing without anything going wrong." He looks down at the ground.

"Well it could be..." you say.

Varian looks up at you." What do you mean? I have to be back in old Corona in my lab-"

You cut him off, "Varian there's more in you than just the lab... your charming, funny and of course smart. I could go on forever!"

"You're too sweet (___)..." Varian blushes.

"No, I'm being honest." You feel the urge to sing again just like you did with Eugene. You stand up and pet Sebastian.

"I close my eyes and I can see
The world that's waiting up for me
That I call my own
Through the dark, through the door
Through where no one's been before
But it feels like home...."

Varian looks at you and he stands up too and watch you, as you attach the flowers he gave you onto Sebastian.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy.
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind.
I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design."

You help Varian onto Sebastian and he puts his arms around your waist.
Ruddiger jumps in between you and Varian while Leo flies. You get Sebastian to gallop down the hill to a blossoming forest.

"Cause every night I lie in bed,
The brightest colours fill my head.
A million dreams are keeping me awake.
I think of what the world could be,
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take.
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

Sebastian slows down and Ruddiger jumps off and walks to the side of you and Varian.

"There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled,
With things from far away.
The special things I compile,
Each one there to make you smile
On a rainy day!"

You and Varian are now on a little hillside near the docks.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say we've lost our minds
I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy
Runaway to a world that we design!"

You're watching the sunset when Varian sits down next to you and starts singing.

"Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

You smile and he smiles back.

"However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me."

Varian boops your nose.

You rub your nose and start to sing,
"You may be right, you may be wrong
But say that you'll bring me along
To the world you see..."

Varian takes one of the flowers that he gave you and puts it in your hair.

You both start singing,

"To the world I close my eyes to see
I close my eyes to see!"

"Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head."Varian smiles at you.

"A million dreams are keeping me awake..."

"A million dreams, a million dreams!"

"I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make!"

You try and push Varian down the hill but he grabs onto you and you so you both roll down the hill just in time for the first lantern to be let in the sky.

You both sit up, you put your head on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around you.

"For the world, we're gonna make..."

You both are sat at the edge of the dock watching the lanterns fly in the sky.

You and Varian see two people in the water. "So that's where the boat is..." Varian glances down.

"I don't care today was perfect..." You smile at him.

"(__)... I need to ask you a question I've wanted to ask for months... will you go-" Varian gets cut off.

"Varian it's time to go." You turn around to see Quirin standing there.

" But!" He sighs..."Okay, dad..." Varian stands up and so do you.

"Sorry (__), but we need to get back before it's too dark, Oh also you left your satchel at ours" Quirin gives you your satchel.

You were disappointed it had to end but you needed to check on Rapunzel and Eugene anyway.

"No, it's okay. I understand... but thanks for keeping this safe." You smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow Varian." You get on Sebastian and start walking towards the castle.

"Bye (___)...."