Chapter 16 - In trouble again?!

You now have a rope tied to your waist so you cant run off again.

You enter the throne room with the two guards behind you and Cass near the King and Queen.

You smile sheepishly at them then gulp. You felt like how Varian felt before entering his house before.

"(___)..." A stern look comes from the king.

His look floods you with guilt.

"What do you have to say for yourself, young lady..." This makes you feel worse since it's the same thing Quirin said to you before.

"I.. I... I'm... sorry your majesty..." you look down " I just wanted some freedom again, and having two guards watching everything I do is slightly daunting..."

King Frederick looks at you with an emotionless expression.

"It still doesn't cover up the fact I still ran off away from Cassandra and the guards... I apologise."

"(___), you need to realise this is for yours and Quirin's and his boy's safety!" King Fredrick scolds.

The Queen smiles at you. She almost looks proud. "Guards can you take (___) back to her room, I will talk to her later."

As you walk out of the throne room Cass walks around the corner.

"Guards I'll take (___) back to her room." Cass looks at you and winks.

"But the Queen said-" the guard get cut off by Cass.

"I heard there's some chocolate cake in the guard's room only." She claimed

Suddenly both of them shot off. Cass shook her head then unties you.

"Thanks..." you begin to walk to your room when Cass speaks up.

"Today was pretty fun kid, apart from the fact you kept trying to get to old Corona for some reason-" she stops talking once you get to your room.

"Well cya tomorrow for your First lesson with Xavier." Cass walks away.

You go over to the table in your room and start to write another letter to Varian... That's until you fall asleep writing the letter.

Soon the Queen walks in to see your asleep in the chair. She smiles and picks you up to put in your bed.

You flinch slightly when she puts you on the bed.

"Queen Ariana... I really am sorry for what happened back then." A tear rolls down your face.

"It's okay sweetheart," she wipes the tears off your face.

"How is it?! In the past, all I did is run from the law and now I'm trying to change and I'm running again..." You snap.

"What's the point you might as well throw me into the dungeon, with all the other criminals..." You tuck your legs under your chin and tuck your arms around you.

"(___)," she puts her hand on your back while you're staring out of the window.

"I wouldn't do that to you, it's not your fault you were raised by criminals. To be honest it's crazy that you decided to come on to the right side of history." You turn your head towards her.

She smiles, "No one is perfect (___), but if you fix your mistakes and learn from them it's all we can ask from you." She stands up and walks to the door.

"goodnight (___)."

Queen Ariana walks out the door and turns off the light.

You get changed into some pyjamas and hop into bed you see Leo has made a nest using a pillow. You smile and pet his head lightly. "Night Leo."

"Good night V..."