Chapter 53 - In like Starlight and Flynn (The night before)

WARNING SINGING AHEAD

Its becoming night and your walking with Varian to the castle.

"So, I think we both learned a valuable lesson today, next time we're out in the streets of Corona, keep you away from any street magicians so we don't stay there all day with you arguing with them until a guard comes to see what the fuss is about." You giggle.

"Magic is not real so I Varian was working on finding the scientific explanation-"

You interrupt him, "Really all day though? And you say I'm the stubborn one!" You smirk.

"Alright! I was a bit stubborn! Can we change the subject?"

"What like?" You ask.

"I dont know uh, what happened with that Lance guy?"

"He's disappeared again, but I think he's changed from being a criminal." You reply.

"Oh, how do you know?" Varian looks over to you.

"Well, there was a 'mystery' donation to the orphanage the day he left." You smirk.

You both laugh until you get to the statue of King Frederick.

Three people are there.

"Hey! What are you doing get away from there!" You shout making them run off.

"Should we go check what they did?" You ask.

"Nah, I'm sure it's fine, it's probably just some kids looking at the statue." He grins.

"Alright, but we should tell king Frederick tonight." You hop onto his back.

"Hey what are you doing?!" He shouts.

"Well it's either this or I steal your goggles again." You smile sneakily.

He shakes his head, "Ah, Nope! You're not stealing them again! I would rather just carry you." He blushes.

-
-
-
You're back at the castle with Varian.

"So ready for your first sleepover at the castle?" You get off his back.

"Of course I am! Just relaxing with my best friend, " He grins and walks to the side of you.

"Well, just one thing if you want to stay out of trouble."

"Huh, what's that?" Varian looks confused.

"Stay away from the king's advisor Nigel-"

Someone clears their throat behind you. "And why should he stay away from me, Lady (__)?"

You turn around quickly in a panic, "Oh, uh Nigel! I- I  didn't know you were behind us." You smile sheepishly.

"I can tell, but would you like to answer my Question." He stares at you.

"I, uh-"

Varian cuts in, "S-She was saying to stay away uh,  because of how busy you are! being the king's advisor and all."

"I see, well the king would like you to meet him and Queen for Dinner lady (__) and bring that boy with you." He turns around and walks away.

Once he's fully out of sight Varian whispers to you, "Who does he think he is calling me 'That boy'!" Varian crosses his arms.

"I wouldn't think too much about it, besides that's not the worst thing he's done and got away with, he'll mix your words up and then get you in trouble for it."

"So as you were saying, stay away from him?" Varian smiles.

You nod, "I don't think we need any more trouble this year." You giggle.