A Lesson (Winston Duke Imagine)

It was the first day of college and I walked into my African American Studies class just to see a bunch of people that I never met before and as I sat down next to this pretty, caramel-skinned girl with straight hair, texting on her phone while th...

It was the first day of college and I walked into my African American Studies class just to see a bunch of people that I never met before and as I sat down next to this pretty, caramel-skinned girl with straight hair, texting on her phone while the class was chit-chatting to each other. Then, the door swung open and a tall, muscular, dark-skinned man walked in, wearing his glasses while in a suit and tie and he put his briefcase down on his desk.

"Good morning, class. My name is Professor Winston Duke or you can call me Professor Duke and I'll be your teacher for this semester. Before we can get started, tell me your name so I could remember you," he said, "Let's start with you: the one with the curly hair. What's your name?" he pointed at me.

"Who me?" I asked him.

"Yes, you. What is your name?" he flashed me with his smile.

"Simone. Simone Collins." I introduced myself.

"Simone. That's a pretty name."

"Thank you, sir." I said as I sat back down.

As my other classmates introduce themselves, I began to blush because he was being so nice to me. That man was so handsome and educated. His chocolate skin. His pearly whites. Those dreamy brown eyes of his. That slightly thick accent came out of his sexy mouth. He must be West Indian. I started to think inappropriate thoughts inside my head but I'll try my best to remain calm and act like a lady.

We spend the next hour discussing our black history and other important inspects during this class. As time flies, the bell rang and everyone stood up from their seats and headed out the door to go to their next class. While I was approaching the door, my professor called me and told me to come over to his desk.

"You wanted to see me, Professor?"

"Of course, Ms. Collins. Or do you want me to call you Simone?"

"Doesn't matter to me. So, what's going on?"

"I noticed that you were staring at me during class. Are you having trouble paying attention?"

"What do you mean?"

"You weren't taking notes and yet you couldn't stop looking at me."

"Well, sir, it's not what you think. I was just--"

"Simone, you need to focus, okay? I want you and your classmates to do well in this class before this semester ends, otherwise, you'd ended up retaking this course."

"I understand, sir but I couldn't help myself."

"That's alright, ma'am and if you need any help, there should be my number and hours printed on the top corner of the syllabus plus I'll add today's notes online in case you didn't write any notes."

"Thank you, sir."

"And if you need to see me, I'll be in my office upstairs."

After our conversation ended, I headed out of this class and went straight to my other class which was sociology class. I started to think I just developed a crush on that man. The way he talks really turns me on and I wanted to be with him. Forever.