Say Yes (John Boyega Imagine)

This chapter will be based on the movie "The Photograph" that starred Issa Rae and Lakeith Stanfield but this will feature the one and only John Boyega so enjoy 😊.

John Boyega as Michael Block

💜Keyara as Mae Morton❤️

To: @KeyeraJackson ❤️

Mae's POV

It was a Friday night and I was at this restaurant with my best friends, having some drinks. I had a long day at work and I couldn't stop thinking about my dearest mother who sadly passed away not too ago from something that I never found out and I missed her every single day. Growing up in New Orleans, I was an only child and my mother was my best friend plus she was always there for me. She and I moved to New York City to start a new life and it was great. Now, that I am an adult and she is no longer alive, I felt angry, hurt, and heartbroken and I need answers about her life. My mother was a famous photographer and she loved to take pictures and once she had gotten older, she just died out of nowhere. Could it be cancer? Pneumonia? Either way, she didn't get the chance to live longer and it really broke my heart.

As I was sipping on my martini, chatting with my friends, a slightly tall, dark-skinned man approaches me and the smell of his cologne hits my nostrils and it smells so divine. He has that smooth chocolate skin and that pretty smile of his and those dreamy brown eyes.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" he asked me.

"No, not at all." I smiled at him.

He sat next to me and he flashed his pearly whites at me. I couldn't help but blush because he is so handsome and kind. I'm surprised that he's not one of those good-for-nothing ass fools who rather act inappropriately towards women in public.

"I see you all are having a fun time."

"We came here all the time. You should try the Ceasar salad. It is amazing!" I told him.

"Sounds delish. I'm Michael, by the way."

"Mae Morton."

"Mae. What a lovely name." he said as he held my hand and kissed on it.

"Thank you. So what do you for a living?"

"I'm a journalist. And you?"

"I'm an assistant curator."

"What's that?"

"It's when I'm in charge of a collection of exhibits in a museum or art gallery."

"Interesting. Must be a tough job."

"Not really, I actually enjoyed it."

"Glad to hear that."

I introduced him to my friends and they seemed to like him. We spend the next hour, laughing, drinking, and having dinner. All of us were heading out to this nightclub to have more fun. As time passes, our friends headed home but Michael and I stayed outside to talk to each other. Then, we exchanged our phone numbers and we went straight to our homes to call it a night.